Chapter 7: Captain Pete is After the Princess

(A/N I will give the two tall Beagle Boys names since no one knows. The small one will be Shorty.)

The Beagle Boys went underground and continued down some stairs to get to their hideout.

"Who's gonna tell the bloomin' boss the bad news?" Bruno asked.

"Don't look at me. I ain't saying nothing. You tell him," Butch remarked.

"Me? I told him last time, you silly twit. And I don't believe in doing it twice," Bruno pointed out.

They made it to the door while bumping into each other.

"Oy, here's an idea. Shorty, you tell him," Bruno said.

"Tell him what?" Shorty asked.

"That we, you know, botched the job," Butch whispered.

Shorty gulped then stated, "He's not going to like that."

Shorty went inside to see Pete in only overalls with one of the straps off and boot and peg leg.

"Hello there," Shorty greeted nervously.

Pete got up and said as he approached the door, "It don't look good when only one shows up. Does it, small fry?"

Pete closed the door and circled Shorty.

"Blimey. I can't hear nothing but step, clop, step, clop," Bruno pointed out.

"Have a gander at monstro's better side," Butch chuckled as they looked through the keyhole.

Pete heard them, pulled them through the keyhole, then dropped them to the ground.

"He has something to tell you, boss," they both informed.

"It better be good news," Pete warned.

Bruno and Butch backed up for Shorty to speak.

"Well, we did exactly what you said to do and dropped a safe on the princess," Shorty stated.

"You what? I didn't say, 'Drop a safe,' you dolt. I said, 'Keep her safe'," Pete said.

"Well, that's good. Because we missed her," Bruno replied with a slight smile.

"Now listen, you mutts. I got a plan. And it ain't to kill the princess. It's to kidnap her," Pete remarked.

"Huh?" the Beagle Boys questioned.

(A/N Play video from 0:00 to 0:05.)

"The opera; it's tomorrow night," Pete pointed out, opera singers sang out, then Pete continued, "The princess has got to be gone by then or I can't become king."

"Oh," the Beagle Boys responded.

"I don't get it," Shorty replied.

Pete facepalmed then called, "Lieutenant Clarabelle!"

Clarabelle Cow appeared then responded, "Oui, oui, mon capitaine. You bellowed?"

"Throw these clowns into the pit!" he ordered.

"Oui, oui! Le pit!" she cheered.

"No!" Butch exclaimed.

"Not that!" Bruno pleaded.

"Anything but le pit!" Shorty begged.

"Bon voyage, losers," Clarabelle smirked.

She rang her bell, then pulled a candle holder, activating the pit, which they were standing on. They screamed until they saw it was only three feet deep.

"Oh. Not so bad," Shorty smiled.

Pete groaned then looked at Clarabelle.

"Make sure they stay there. I have to get our prisoner," he said as he went further into the hideout.

"Oui, oui, mon capitaine," Clarabelle nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Who's this prisoner?