Chapter 25: No Hope

Pete put the unconscious Mickey in a cage and covered it up before boarding a carriage. He took him all the way to the same prison Max was at. Once there, he got off and approached the cage. Mickey had already woken up.

"Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! You're as welcome as can be," he announced in a gloating way.

He laughed as Mickey glared at him. Pete took the cage then started making his way to a certain cell for Mickey. They passed by Max's cell, only him taking notice.

"But if one musketeer is here, then what about..." Max said to himself, thought of Jamie, then realized, "Oh no."

When they reached the cell, Pete opened it and dropped Mickey in, freeing him from the cage.

"Oopsie. I am such a butterfingers," Pete chuckled as he went down the ladder then picked Mickey up by his uniform.

"Hey! Put me down! Don't make me have to whoop you!" Mickey yelled as Pete took him to the wall.

"Okay, fine. Just hold still, you runt," Pete demanded.

Pete has chained Mickey to the wall by his waist.

"Well Mickey, it looks like this is the end of the line," Pete smirked and laughed.

"Think so? My pals will be right behind us," Mickey remarked with determination.

"Oh, sure. The duck dumped you. Remember?" Pete pointed out, making Mickey slump his shoulders.

"Well...Goofy then!" Mickey said, straightening up.

"The goof? He's getting fitted for a halo," Pete informed.

Mickey's eyes widened as he said, "No, no, no."

"Yes, yes, yes!" Pete mimicked.

"Wait. What about Jamie?" Mickey wondered.

"She's going to be in the same predicament as the goof," Pete answered.

Mickey was more shocked about this. The girl who he had seen as a niece for the longest time and who was the best musketeer he had ever known was sentenced to death. How could this have happened?

"Face it, Mickey. It's all for one and you are on your own!" Pete said as he had Mickey by his uniform again.

He threw Mickey to the wall.

"Enjoy your brief stay here at the Mont St. Michel. You know, they say the tide comes in faster than horses!" Pete smirked, put out the candle then said as he headed up the ladder, "So long, runt! I got me tickets to the opera, a little something called 'I Just Can't Wait to be King.'"

He laughed as he left and slammed the cell door. Mickey took his hat off and looked at it sadly before tossing it to the side and buried his head in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Man. I always felt bad for Mickey in this scene.