Chapter 29: Saving Max

Meanwhile, Jamie was running for Max's cell, but she remembered she didn't have the keys.

"Oh no," Jamie said.

Once she got there, she noticed a medium-sized hole was releasing water and there was glass covering the bars to keep the water in. Max was trying not to panic while the water was already at his waist.

"Max!" Jamie yelled while banging on the glass.

He saw her and grabbed the bars. He started to yank on them while Jamie got her sword and started to scratch the glass. It didn't seem to be working though as the water was getting up to his neck.

"Jamie," Max said as he started floating.

Jamie looked around until she found some chains attached to the ceiling. She told him to hold on and leapt up to the chains. The water was making its way to the top of the cell, limiting Max's air. Wasting no time, Jamie started swinging and kicking the glass where her sword made some scratches on it. This kept going until finally she busted the glass. Water gushed out as Max floated down to the ground, but he was unconscious. Jamie got down and picked the lock with her sword. She unlocked it, swung the door open, and ran to Max.

"Max, come on. Don't give up on me," Jamie said as she put her ear near his mouth.

He wasn't breathing, so she did mouth to mouth and CPR. Not long after, Max started coughing up water and got on his hands and knees. Jamie rubbed his back in reassurance. When he sat back up, Jamie tackled him in a hug as her hat fell off. She started crying into his shoulder as he held her closer.

"I thought you were gone," Jamie sobbed.

"I wasn't going to leave the girl of my dreams. That would be crazy," Max comforted, rubbing her back.

Jamie parted from the hug, still holding on to him. She giggled through her tears as Max wiped them away.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure the guy of my dreams didn't leave me," she said.

Both of them smiled then slowly leaned forward. They then had a sweet, gentle kiss. It lasted for a minute until they needed to breathe. They couldn't help but smile at each other.

"That was...wow," he said.

"Yeah. It was for me too," she replied.

"So...you wanna get out of here?" Max asked.

"Yeah. We're gonna go save the princess," Jamie told him, getting up.

"'We' are?" he wondered.

"Yeah. Mickey, Donald, and Goofy already left for the opera and I'm going. But I had to get you out first. You're too important to me and I know you can help us take Pete down. So, you in?" she explained, holding her hand out.

He thought about it, smiled, then answered as he took her hand, "Yeah."

She helped him up then they left the prison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Max and Jamie are out of there!