Chapter 28: Saving Mickey

Mickey tried to bite his chain, but it didn't work. So he went to the surface, but his chain kept him from getting all the way up.

By then, Donald, Goofy, Jamie, and Pluto made it to the prison and ran inside.

"We're coming, Mickey!" Goofy yelled.

'Please let both Mickey and Max be okay,' Jamie thought.

They ran through the prison as Mickey was fully underwater. He finally ran out of air and floated unconsciously in the water. Then the other three musketeers dove in the water and started to tug on Mickey's chain. They kept it up until it came off and the water died down.

Once the water was gone, Jamie checked to see if Mickey was responding, which he wasn't, then gave him chest compressions until he started coughing up water.

"Mickey," Jamie called.

"Mickey?" Donald added.

"Mickey, come back to us, pal," Goofy told him then replied hopefully, "I think he's coming out of it."

"Thank goodness," Jamie sighed in relief.

Mickey continued to cough up water then saw his friends.

"Donald? Jamie? Goofy? Pete told me you two were goners," Mickey exclaimed.

"Aw, shucks. I ain't—" Goofy started.

Mickey then hugged him, shocking him a little.

"—going nowhere without you, Mick," Goofy finished with a smile.

"Hey!" Donald called, making Mickey look at him.

"Aw, pal. You came back," Mickey said, hugging Donald.

"Aw...of course I did," Donald said.

Then Mickey looked back to Jamie.

"J," he smiled.

"Hey Mick," she responded.

They immediately hugged.

"You okay?" Mickey wondered.

"Yeah," Jamie answered as they parted.

"We wouldn't let you down, Mick. We're your friends," Goofy said.

"More like family," Jamie stated.

"Yeah. Come on," Donald told him.

He pulled his hat off to reveal Mickey's hat.

"We've got to save the princess. Don't you remember? All for one," Donald said as he gave Mickey his hat back.

"Yeah," Goofy said as Jamie nodded with a smile.

"Aw, fellas, Jamie's the only real musketeer here. We're not even real musketeers," Mickey replied.

"'Not real musketeers?' Who says so?" Goofy remarked then started listing, "Listen, Donald might be a big chicken..."

"Hey!" Donald objected.

"And you're just a little guy..." Goofy teased as he rubbed Mickey's head, making him laugh, then Goofy continued, "and I ain't no genius."

"And I'm the only female musketeer, which makes people not take me seriously," Jamie said.

"Even though that's not true, I know this. When the four of us stick together..." Goofy started, pulling them all close.

"We can do anything," Donald finished with a smile.

Mickey put his hat on proudly and said, "And not Pete..."

"Or nobody else can stop us!" Goofy finished, them all putting their hands together.

"Musketeers, we've got a princess to rescue," Mickey stated.

"Okay. You guys go ahead. I have something I have to take care of," Jamie told them, remembering Max.

"You sure?" Mickey asked.

"Yeah. I'll be there in a little bit," Jamie told them.

"Okay. Be careful," Mickey told her.

She nodded and they got out.

Then Mickey, Donald, and Goofy made their way to the opera.

"Come on, Goof!" Mickey called.

"Come on, Donald!" Goofy did the same.

"I'm right behind you!" Donald responded.

All three of them and Pluto were all riding one horse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is getting crazy!