Chapter 13: Princess Minnie Falls for Mickey

Pete was talking to Minnie, who sat on her throne really bored. Daisy came up beside her.

"Your Royal Highness, I have never, ever had a more highly skilled group of gentlemen than the individuals which I present to you today. And Miss Jamie is on an assignment, but I am aware that since you have met, that has been taken care of," Pete explained.

"Seems like this is gonna take a while. I'll go get you a little snack," Daisy told her as she left, making Minnie smile gratefully at her.

"It took my highly trained eye to see these men's true potential," Pete continued.

"Yes. Well, France thanks you and your eye very much," Minnie sighed.

"Well, then it is without further ado that I present, for your complete safety and protection...your men musketeers!" Pete introduced.

The doors opened to show Donald and Goofy trying to fix the suit of armor poorly. Minnie was confused at first then Pete signaled for them to salute, which they did. Then the armor fell to reveal Mickey saluting. Then when he and Minnie locked eyes, it felt like they were the only ones in the room.

'Just imagine. He'll stride into the room. Light will glow from him. I'll hear music. He'll bring me flowers. And he'll sweep me off my feet. And I'll know he's the one when he makes me laugh,' Minnie thought as she daydreamed of being with Mickey.

As she was daydreaming about being with Mickey, his head turned into Daisy's.

"Your Majesty, it's time to cut the cheese," she said.

"What?" Minnie asked, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Here we are. Roquefort, anyone?" Daisy offered, showing Minnie's snack.

But what caught the guys' attention was the fact that there was a knife.

"Knife!" Goofy exclaimed.

"Bad guy!" Donald yelled.

"Grab her!" Mickey shouted.

"Oh, no," Daisy whimpered, they tackled her, then she yelled, "Help!"

Minnie was appalled at her new musketeers' behavior.

"Unhand her! Release her! Stop it!" Minnie ordered, they held Daisy upside down until Minnie yelled, "Drop her! She is my lady-in-waiting!"

Pluto facepalmed while Pete tried to hold in his laughter. When he saw Minnie glaring at him, he coughed to stop.

"You'll have to forgive them, Your Highness. They're like a well-oiled machine that's wound just a little too tight," Pete told her.

Minnie's look softened as she looked at the guys.

"We're sorry, your Grace. We thought she was a villain," Mickey apologized as he held his hat.

Donald nervously tipped his hat to Daisy.

Daisy scoffed as she turned away, "I don't think so."

"Oh I see. Well, then, I feel safer already," Minnie smiled as she went to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Awesome! The princess is pleased with her musketeers and has her eyes on Mickey! ❤️❤️❤️

P.S. I'll do more today. I just need to let my phone rest. Lol!