Chapter 8: Another Secret

Pete went further into his hideout where there was a small dungeon room. He unlocked the door and went inside to see a teenage boy in chains with ripped village clothes and messed-up hair. His head was hanging low, not even looking up to see who came into his cell.

"Maxie-Boy, get up," Pete commanded then said, "It's Moving Day."

The teenager, Max, slowly looked up at Pete in disbelief.

"You're kidding me. After all you've done to me, you're moving me to a different cell in this stupid lair of yours?" Max questioned.

Pete unlocked him from the chains and put cuffs on his wrists while saying, "Oh it's not in this lair. It's to this bigger dungeon on an island. As long as we keep you hidden from your goof of a father, he will continue to think you left him, making him doubt his dream to be a musketeer and to find you."

Max growled under his breath then said, "Good luck getting me out of here unnoticed."

"Oh I already have that covered," Pete smirked.

He shoved Max out of the cell and got him through the lair. Once outside, there was a carriage with a trunk on the back. Pete unlocked the trunk and flung it open.

"Get in," Pete demanded.

Max didn't move. In response, Pete pulled his sword out and had the tip near his throat.

"You kill me and my father will be coming for you for sure, whether or not he's a musketeer," Max pointed out.

"That may be true, but unless you want him to always think you abandoned him and never get your side of the story, I'd say you get in the trunk," Pete stated.

Max huffed and got in the trunk like he was told. Pete shut it, locked it, then went to drive the carriage.

A while later, they arrived and Pete unlocked the trunk. Max got out to see the much bigger and scarier dungeon. Pete shoved him toward the entrance and they walked for a while until he got Max in a regular cell. He chained him up and headed for the exit.

"You won't get away with this," Max spat.

Pete laughed, turned around, and said, "That's what they all say. But the bad guys always get what they want."

"Until the good guy defeats them," Max smirked.

Pete frowned then threw Max against the wall. Max grunted in pain as he picked himself off the ground.

"I'd watch your mouth, mister. Or else you'll never get out of here," Pete threatened.

He got out and locked the cell door.

"Dinner will be here soon," Pete remarked as he left.

Max got up, holding his arm that hit the wall, and sat down on the bed.

'Dad, where are you?' he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh snap! Plot twist!