Chapter 31: Getting Minnie

Once they were in, Jamie and Max made it to the other end of the opera house. They went inside and looked around until Jamie turned to Max.

"Now I want you to stay backstage. I don't want Pete or the Beagle Boys to hurt you again," she told him.

"The only way they could is if they hurt you," he responded.

She smiled at him then hugged him, making him return it.

"I love you, Max. Remember that," Jamie whispered.

"I love you too, Jamie," Max told her.

They parted and she kissed him quickly before running to help the guys and Max hid like she said.

The taller Beagle Boys continued to look for a way out.

[Men:]
"With cat-like tread, upon our prey we steal
In silence dread, our cautious way we feel
No sound at all, we never speak a word"

As they neared an exit, Pluto jumped in front of them with a growl then barked at them, making them stop.

"Did you find the princess, boy?" Mickey asked, Pluto pointed, then Mickey said, "Good work, Pluto."

"Our brave musketeers have come to rescue us," Minnie said to Daisy with a smile, filled with hope.

"Don't worry, Your Highness. We'll save you," Mickey assured then commanded, "Alright, you two, drop the princess!"

"With pleasure," Bruno smirked.

They threw the chest up and it landed with a thud, making Minnie and Daisy dizzy. Then all five of them got in a sword fight as the men on stage finished their song. Then the ship moved to show three women and the fight.

[Women:]
"Poor wandering ones"

This confused the audience.

[Women:]
"Can help you find true peace of mind..."

They screamed as the five got to them, but they ran off.

As Pete snored, Shorty noticed the scene, so he tapped Pete awake. And when he saw what was going on, he was in shock.

"What? What the sam hill?" Pete asked in confusion, spotted the chest, then commanded, "The princess! Do something!"

"Sir. Yes, sir," Shorty saluted then left.

Then Jamie came in to see the fight and drew her sword as she ran to the Beagle Boys, whose backs were turned to her.

"Hey, knock it off!" she yelled as she slid to their legs, knocking them down.

"Great timing, Jamie!" Mickey smiled.

The women from before were hiding under a prop rock as the six continued their battle.

[Women:]
"Scaling rough and rugged passes
Climb the hearty little lasses
Till the bright sea-shore they gain"

"How dare you try and kidnap the princess! Nobody walks away with the princess while Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Jamie are on the job!" Mickey said.

That's when Shorty started dragging the chest away.

"Hey! Someone's walking away with the princess," Goofy pointed out.

"Let's get 'em!" Mickey yelled.

The four musketeers tackled Shorty and got the chest.

"Guys! This way!" Jamie indicated to the stairs, which they followed her.

The Beagle Boys weren't too far behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Go guys, go!