Chapter 9: Musketeer Bodyguards

As Pete came back up, the phone rang, Clarabelle answering it.

"Bonjour. Pete's secret lair. Clarabelle speaking," she said.

Someone said something, making Clarabelle's eyes widen.

"The princess?!" she exclaimed.

She mashed a button, indicating an alarm for the princess. So Pete immediately got in his uniform and went to the palace.

Meanwhile, Minnie was sitting with her arms crossed where the Musketeers sang and trained, mad about almost getting killed.

[Musketeers:]
"All for one
All men of honor, hear the call
Musketeers sing all for one and one for all"

"Your Highness. So glad you could grace us with your royal omnipresences," Pete greeted.

"I want bodyguards! Musketeer bodyguards," Minnie commanded.

[Musketeers:]
"Villains, bad guys run in fear
When they see the musketeers
Savin' Minnie is our duty
Mess with her, we'll kick your..."

Jamie was thrown in the air and flipped a few times before she stabbed a targeted dummy right in the middle, making Pete nervous.

"Ouch," he groaned then said, "Bodyguards. Absolutely. Let me check my schedule here."

He pulled out a schedule with "Kidnap Minnie" on Tuesday and "Become King" on Wednesday.

"How about next Thursday?" Pete suggested.

"How about ten minutes? At the palace! Get me bodyguards, Captain Pete! And I want Jamie to be one of them," Minnie ordered, making Pete throw the schedule everywhere.

"Jamie? Why her?" Pete asked nervously.

"Because ever since she has joined, she has become one of the most skilled musketeers here. I want her and three others. Now!" Minnie remarked.

Pete didn't know what to do until he heard singing. He looked to see Mickey, Donald, and Goofy cleaning the palace windows.

[Goofy:]
"Pancakes, cornflakes, scrambled eggs
Buttered toast and apple jam
Tonight it's meat, I hope it's spam"

"Goofy! Slow down!" Mickey yelled.

They ended up falling because of their clumsiness. But that gave Pete an idea.

"Princess, you're in luck. Have I got the men to join Jamie for you," Pete assured.

"Well, I hope so. Thanks to your incompetence, this whole thing has been a pain in the neck!" Minnie snapped and started walking away.

"I'll show you a pain in the neck," Pete mumbled.

He pretended to squeeze Minnie's neck until she turned around, glaring at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Pete doesn't know it yet, but his plan will only please us, not himself. 😁