Chapter 23: Ambushed

Later on, Daisy was brushing Minnie's hair as they prepared for bed.

"Mickey and Minnie Mouse," Minnie sighed dreamily then realized, "Look, Daisy. Mickey and I have the same last name."

"Well, it must be destiny. Good thing destiny doesn't control my love life," Daisy replied.

"What do you mean?" Minnie asked.

"Well, look at me. If it did, I'd get stuck with Mister..." Daisy pointed out then mimicked Donald.

They laughed at that.

Meanwhile, Goofy was marching around the door he was guarding.

"Two, three...four. Two, three...four," he counted, pausing when he almost forgot what number came next.

Then he noticed a door open.

"Bad guys," he gasped quietly, raising his sword.

Then a silhouette of Mickey appeared.

"Attention, Musketeer Goofy," it said.

"Mickey, is that you?" he asked.

"Yes, Musketeer Goofy. I am in need of your assistance," the silhouette of Mickey informed.

"You sure are talking funny," Goofy pointed out.

"I was eating escargot and peanut butter," it chuckled.

"Hey, save some for me!" he said.

Goofy dropped his sword and ran after the silhouette. At first, he couldn't find him.

"Over here," the silhouette signaled.

He went outside and looked around again.

"Follow me, Goofy," it called again.

He continued running in the night, unaware that the silhouette of Mickey was Clarabelle doing shadow puppets. She laughed evilly at how gullible Goofy was.

"Mickey!" Goofy called.

"You're almost there," the silhouette informed then disappeared.

"Mickey!" Goofy yelled.

This time he couldn't find Mickey anywhere.

"Doggone! Where'd he go? Mickey! Mickey!" Goofy called then realized as it got darker, "Uh oh."

Meanwhile, Donald was cautiously guarding his door.

"Quack, two, three, four. Quack, two, three..." Donald counted until he bumped into a bush, making him exclaim, "Quack!"

He sliced whatever he backed into then looked to see he made a scared version of himself out of a potted plant.

"Hello, handsome," Donald chuckled.

Then he saw three guys with huge Pete masks on.

"What the..." Donald started.

"Booga booga!" the tall ones shouted.

"Booga booga booga booga booga!" the shorter one kept going then realized, "Oh."

"Beat it, you guys," Donald remarked with an eye roll, catching them off guard.

"I told you twits these Pete masks wouldn't work. Let's go to plan 'B,'" the tall one that didn't have a real deep voice said.

They then took the masks off to reveal they were the Beagle Boys.

"Hey, you're the bad guys! Don't move!" Donald commanded, pointing his sword at them.

Then they brought out a lot of weapons out, terrifying him. He put his sword and hat on the bush and pushed it away to trick them. He then ran out of the palace and hid in a barrel. But his hopes of not getting caught were diminished when he heard the Beagle Boys laughing where he was.

"Uh oh," Donald said.

He was then rolled somewhere then scared out before being trapped in a guillotine.

"What's going on?" he asked.

Then he saw a painting of Pete as king, laughing at Minnie, who was in a cage. Then he freaked out when he saw personalized tombstones for him, Mickey, Goofy, and Jamie. Then he looked to see Pete, towering over and laughing evilly.

"Captain Pete?!" Donald questioned in shock.

"I'm in such a good mood," Pete said with a smile.

He then activated the huge blade and it came down toward, but Donald managed to escape.

"Come back here, you little bird beak!" Pete commanded, going through the little hole.

He tried to get his peg leg through, but the blade sliced off it off, making him whine about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So Donald escaped, but Goofy and Jamie weren't so lucky. What about Mickey?