Chapter 1: Memories

Hana

"Hana-yah!"

The crowd of girls kept following and screaming my name through the hallways.

Ugh, why can't I have a normal day at school?

I decided last minute to just book it through the halls. It was my only chance to escape the stampede. I ran as through the halls and finally made it to my class.

"Ms. Kim, why are you out of breath?" My teacher asked.

"Oh, I was running a little late." I replied.

My teacher gave me a confused face before I noticed that there was barely anyone in the class.

"Well, I thought I was late."

I sighed and grabbed a seat and waited for class to start.

...

"Hana-ssi, wake up!"

I rubbed my eyes and I was greeted by the face of Lee Chaeyeon, one of my best friends.

"Oh finally you're awake!" she giggled.

"Shut up."

"Anyways... Have anyone in mind for the upcoming Prom?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "You know that I don't, right?"

"I know, I was just wondering if you did." She laughed along with me.

We kept talking about the formal and we fell silent as one of my former friend Kim Seulmi walked in with her "girlfriend" Jang Wonyoung.

"Oh great, here we go..." I mumbled as Chaeyeon giggled.

Seulmi approached us with her usual annoying, and sassy tone.

"Well if it isn't Lee Chaeyeon... and Kim Hana." Seulmi said while glaring her eyes at me.

"What do you want?" I scowled.

"Well, I was wondering if you two losers were going to Prom?" She asked in the most irritating tone ever.

Oh no, she did not just call me a loser... I'm gonna show her who's the real loser if she doesn't stop rambling, that little bi-

"Well as a matter of fact, we are. As captains of the basketball, volleyball, track and field, soccer and, EVEN the dance team, oh even the heads of the sports committee, the principal awarded us to go to the dance covered by his money." Chaeyeon boasted while interrupting my thoughts.

Seulmi scoffed and walked away while Chae and I laughed.

"You know you could've just said we were going, right?" I said.

"Yeah, but she called us losers. So I wanted to make her feel like an even bigger loser, I just flexed on her real hard.". Chae chuckled while being all proud.

"That Kim Seulmi... she changed so much since I met her." I thought.

_________

Two years ago...

I was walking to the local sports complex to practice my soccer skills for the varsity team tryouts.

"Yah! That hurts!"

I heard a girl's voice come from the soccer field so I decided to go check it out. As I got there, I saw a group of girls run away from the girl who was on the ground. I guess one of them saw me coming so they decided to book it.

"Hey, comeback here!" the girl screamed, "Ugh, what's the point anyways!"

The girl flopped down onto the ground. I got closer to her and I saw a ISOA badge on her shirt. She must be a freshman or a junior.