Chapter 30 Part 2: Promise

Seulmi

A few weeks passed and Hana was expected to wake up any day now. Ever since I told everyone, they've been taking turns visiting Hana and making sure she's okay. Wonyoung and I usually visit everyday in the evening to check up on her, even though school has started again. We stay until the visiting hours are closed so we can get maximum time with her. I honestly don't care about how little sleep I get lately, I just want to see my friend again.

This time it's just me visiting as Wonyoung was told to stay home and keep up with her studies.

I walked into the room and pulled a chair beside Hana's bed.

"Hey~ Sorry it's just me today, Wonyoung had to stay home." I said.

"I know you wanted to see her instead of me, right?" I asked her.

"Well, if I were you... I wouldn't want to see me either." I joked.

"Man, I'm sorry you have to hear this nonsense from me. I just wish you could wake up so I don't sound like such an idiot." I sighed and looked out the window.

Suddenly, I heard the sheets rustling... I'm not imagining this, right?

I snapped my head and there she was, actually moving for the first time in the span of three weeks.

"H-Hana?" I called out for her.

"Mmmm?" I heard her faint reply.

I can't believe it, she's actually waking up.

Her eyes were slowly creeping open as she stopped moving around.

"Hana, I can't believe it. You're finally awake!" I smiled widely.

"S-Seulmi? Is that you?" She tilted her head slightly to face me and I saw her drowsy eyes.

"Yeah, it's me." I waved.

"Where am I? And wh-what happened?" She tried to sit up.

"Hey take it easy, you're in the hospital. You got shot, remember?" I told her as I pressed the button on the stretcher to sit her up.

"Oh, right." She said.

"Are you okay? Like 100% okay?" I asked her.

"I think so, otherwise I wouldn't be talking to you right now." She deadpanned.

"Okay, you must be okay if you're already making sassy remarks like that." I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry," She laughed, "it's just that you looked so worried there."

"I can't believe I missed you, you jerk." I chuckled with her.

We spent the few moments talking about what she missed in the last three weeks. That is until the doctor interrupted us.

"Hello?" The doctor knocked.

"Come in."

"Oh Ms. Kim, you're awake! That is great to see." The doctor smiled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he took out his clipboard.

"I'm fine. It's just that I feel like I've been hit by a truck." She told him and created a small laughter between all of us.

"That's good to hear. We should be running a couple of checkups so you can get out of here in a day or two. So you can sit tight for now." The doctor explained.

"Oh okay, cool." Hana nodded.

The doctor left the room and we continued our talk.

"Hey Seulmi, can you do me a favour?" She asked.