Chapter 30 Part 1: Heal

Seulmi

"Hana, please be okay."

We're at the hospital right now and Hana was just rushed into the Emergency Room.

As the staff were treating our wounds and injuries, all I could think of was Hana being shot three times.

"She has to be okay. I don't know what I'd do if she's gone..." I muttered.

"Ms. Kim?" The doctor called me.

"Oh, yeah? You were saying?" I said awkwardly.

"You're good to go, all you have are minor lacerations. Other than that, you're good to go." The doctor told me.

"O-oh okay, thanks." I told him and walked out of the room.

It was only Chaeyeon and I at the hospital. Wendy and Joy with the police for an interrogation.

When I got to the lobby, Chaeyeon was there frantically pacing back and forth.

"Chaeyeon-ah, calm down." I tried to stop her.

"Calm down? How can I calm down while our best friend is in the Emergency Room?!" She raised her voice, earning some glances from bystanders.

"Look, I'm worried too. However, this won't help the cause. All we have to do is cross our fingers and pray to God that she'll come out alive." I reassured her.

She was about to say something before her phone went off. She took it out of her pocket and glanced at the screen.

"It's Eunbi-unnie." She told me.

"And? Aren't you gonna answer it?" I asked.

"Well when you called me, I kinda just left her." She glared at me.

"Oh... Sorry about that. I'll take the blame so you won't have to suffer." I tried to lift the mood.

"Thanks, I'm sure I'll be glad to see that." She said, "but I don't think I'm ready to hear this."

Before she answered the call, we decided to take it outside so we wouldn't disturb other people, since we knew it was going to get very loud.

Once we stepped outside, she took a deep breath and answered it.

"Hello?"

I signalled her to put it on speakerphone.

"Lee Chaeyeon, where are you?! First you left without telling me why and then you miss all my calls? What was so important that you had to leave?!" Eunbi yelled.

"I-I'm sorry Unnie, but I can't tell you the whole story right now. All I can tell you is that I'm at the hospital." Chaeyeon briefly explained.

"The hospital?! Oh my god, are you okay? What happened?!" Eunbi-unnie bombarded us with questions.

I motioned to Chaeyeon to pass me the phone and she quickly obliged.

"Unnie, it's me Seulmi. I won't tell you the whole story yet, but Hana is in the Emergency Room in critical condition right now, so we're waiting to see if she's gonna be okay." I explained to her.

"Oh okay... I'll tell the others, just tell me ASAP when you hear the news." She told us.

"Okay, will do." I said before hanging up.

"Now we just have to play the waiting game." I sighed as we headed back into the building.

We sat down in the lobby and anxiously waited for the doctors to say something about Hana's condition.