Chapter 24: Empty

Hana

It's been a week since Wendy and I had our talk. I thought about the plan for the past few days and today was the day that it would happen.

I was nervous about it, knowing I could hurt someone that I love. It hurts to even think about it.

I shook my head, "This is the only way to protect them... to protect her."

Wonyoungie 🐰🥰

hey, can we meet up?

okay sure, is there something wrong?

we need to talk...

hm okay, when and where?

the park by your house, 6:30

okie see you then! i love you 💞
seen

I put down my phone. My heart sank when I saw her message. I didn't notice, but tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Damn you Sooyoung! Look what you've done to us!" I cried, throwing my phone aggressively on my bed.

I laid down on my mattress, drying the tears of my built up emotions.

"I love her so much..." I muttered before throwing my right arm over my face.

I cried for another round. I feel like shit.

Next thing I knew, I dozed off. Tears stinging my eyes as they closed.

...

6:00 pm

I woke up and fixed my bed hair. I sighed as I saw the time on my phone. It's time to talk to her.

I threw my hood over my head and excited the apartment building and started to walk to the park I told Wonyoung to meet at.

I could've easily made it there if I drove, but this way gave me time to think about what I need to say.

Although I was walking by the busy streets of the city, I felt as if I was the only one walking. I was so caught up in my thoughts, I blocked out everything.

When I got at my destination, I saw Wonyoung sitting at a bench that was shaded by the golden trees.

Each step I took, my heart was beating faster and a lump formed in my throat.

This is it... the moment you prepared for.

"If you want to protect her, this is what you have to do." I spoke to myself.

"Unnie, over here!" I saw Wonyoung stand up to wave her arm at me.

I walked over to her and tried to control my fragile state.

However, it didn't work as she jumped into my arms. My unstable wall fell right in front of me and I could feel tears threatening to fall.

I hugged her tighter and she looked up to me with a worried face.

"Unnie, are you okay?" She asked softly into the hug.