XXIII. The Strength Of A Queen

Chapter Twenty-Three
Genevieve

"Genevieve," Obi Wan says, barging into my room. "We have a problem."

I had been brushing my hair out when he barged in, and I feel the hairbrush fall from my hand and hit the floor. I run over to him, my voice frantic as I ask; "What? What is it?"

"I just got a distress signal from Anakin's communicator."

I feel my hands begin to shake, my voice no less frantic as I dare to ask; "Has something happened with Taris?"

"He isn't on Taris. His distress signal is coming from Geonosis."

I feel guilty that some relief flows through me but I can't help it. I am worried about Anakin's safety, but at least Taris is okay. "What about Aiden and Fallon?"

"I called Aiden a couple times but he wouldn't answer. I tracked both of their communicators and they are on Geonosis as well."

I nod my head slowly, walking over to the other side of my room to my suitcase, fishing out some pants and a shirt. Obi Wan's eyebrows shoot up in confusion and then crease with alarm. "You are not going to Geonosis. We have to be rational."

"They are in danger, they could be dying."

"The Jedi are going to Geonosis. They will make sure they are alright."

"Padmé said that they will go after Master Yoda returns and who knows how long that will take. We are much closer to Geonosis and we could have a chance at helping them."

Obi Wan approaches me, grabbing onto my arm to make me look up at him. "Then I will go, but you cannot. Dooku is on Geonosis, you can't go there. He could capture you, kill you. You're too important."

I stare at Obi Wan firmly in the eyes, ignoring the heat I feel on my skin where his hand grips my arm. "You said the Jedi are forbidden to form attachments. But despite that, I know that you love Anakin like he is family. I don't have many people I care about or trust. If those three die, then that list of people grows even smaller."

He sighs, closing his eyes. "Genevieve—"

"I can't keep standing by as more innocent people suffer. I don't care what happens to me."

"But I do." He blurts out, his own cheeks blushing slightly as he tries to backtrack. "I was put in charge of protecting you, and that's what I plan on doing."

"You can protect me on Geonosis. You may be my bodyguard, Obi Wan, but you can't make me stay here. I am a queen, and therefore I am going to help Anakin, Aiden, and Fallon."

Obi Wan stares down at me for a moment longer before letting go of my arm, dropping his own to his side. "Fine, we'll both go."

I smile up at him, glancing at my door. "I'll go say goodbye to Sola and Ruwee. After I get changed we'll go." I tell him, walking past him with my shoulder gently brushing his.

"As you wish, my queen." He says lowly, making me blush the entire walk down to the living room where the family presides.

-

Geonosis certainly isn't a pleasant looking planet. I look at Obi Wan and see him tense up as we enter the atmosphere, prompting me to place a hand on his arm. "What's the matter?"

"This planet, its clouded with the dark side of the force. Dooku is definitely here. There's a coldness and unfeeling force that sticks out amongst the rest of the dark side here."

I pull my hand away slowly, seeing my hand slightly shake as I put it back on my lap. The outfit I changed into is a pair of black pants, black boots, a navy blue long sleeve shirt, and a belt to hold a small blaster. Obi Wan gave it to me as a precaution. I hope I don't have to use it, especially because I've never had to use one before. I don't really know how.