LIV. The Damage Is Done

Chapter Fifty-Four
Fallon

I can't move, can't think, can't comprehend what's just happened. I keep staring at Satine's body. She has this fire in her, this spark in her eyes that never seems to fade, but now it has. She looks cold, devoid of all light and warmth. Her once beautiful blue eyes now just look like boundless voids, making chills go up my spine.

Obi Wan is devastated, tears streaming down his face, his face broken with sorrow as he stares at Satine. Anakin and Ashoka share in his sorrow, but the emotion showing on their faces is anger. I may not have the force, but I can feel the anger coming from the two of them, like their blood is boiling and I can feel the heat radiating from them.

I watch Anakin cautiously, worried that his anger will cause him to act recklessly, but he seems frozen in place as I am, silently fuming. Ashoka however, is not. I look down and watch her open up her palm, using the force to grab onto her lightsaber from the death watch gaurd and ignite it, cutting through her binds.

As soon as she does this, all hell breaks loose. Anakin and Obi Wan do the same, their lightsabers ignited and deflecting the blaster shots coming from the Pyke's and the death watch. Anakin looks towards me and uses the force to pull me towards him, covering me with his body to keep me from getting hit. He grabs onto one of the blasters of a fallen Pyke and hands it to me, allowing me to fight off the advancing blasts with them.

Ashoka has been deflecting the blasts, but her eyes wander to Pre Vizsla, who still stands over Satine, who has the dark saber still in his hand. Ashoka lets out a charging yell and advances on Vizsla, who brings his saber up to meet hers.

Fear courses through me as I watch their fight ensue, and I yell to Anakin to alert him what's happening. He turns around and instantly runs towards his apprentice, bringing his lightsaber up to attack.

Before he makes it to them though, a Pyke sends a blast his way, hitting him in the shoulder, sending him down to the ground.

"Ani!" I yell, shooting the Pyke that hit him and running towards him.

Ashoka heard my yell, turning her head to look at Anakin. This temporarily distracts her, long enough for Vizsla to twist his saber around and disarm her. Ashoka whips her head back and watches the lightsaber leave her palm, letting out a gasp as Vizsla plunges the saber into her stomach, pushing it until it stick out through her back.

Anakin lifts his head up to look at Ashoka, his eyes going wide as he finds his padawan impaled by the blade. Ani lets out a scream, so loud, so guttural that his voice cracks. Despite his injury, Anakin pushes himself up, his left arm limp at his side from the blaster shot. Anakin brings his lightsaber up and charges at Vizsla, ready to fight him off one handed. Vizsla sees Anakin and rips his saber out of Ashoka, readying himself to attack Anakin.

As the two of them fight, I scramble over towards Ashoka, who lies on the floor, clutching her stomach, her eyes brimmed with tears.

I shoot down another death watch member, falling onto my knees in front of Ashoka, gathering her body in my arms. Obi Wan notices this, his expression even more sorrowful than it was before, but he can't bring himself to think of this now. He can't get distracted. He backs up towards me, covering me from the blasts as I stare down at Ashoka, wiping a tear that slips down her face.

"I'm-I'm sorry. Tell Anakin, I'm sorry," she says, leaning her head against my chest, her tears falling faster. I place one hand on the back of her head and hug onto her tightly, my other hand gently rubbing her back.

I pull back from her slightly, caressing her face gently, shaking my head. "You have nothing to be sorry for. Ani is so proud of you, so proud. Just-just hang on, please hang on."

She nods her head, letting out a groan as she clutches her wound tighter. "I don't want to go, I-I don't want to go."

"Shh," I tell her, feeling my own tears begin to fall, my voice just above a whisper. "You're going to be fine, you're going to be okay. Don't-don't be afraid."

Ashoka smiles up at me, her voice strained, growing quieter as she tells me; "Take care of him." She says, another tear falling down her cheek as she takes one more jagged breath, before her eyes grow blank, lifeless like Satine's, the light in them fading out.

I feel a sob escape my mouth, my body shaking as the tears fall faster down my face. I clutch onto Ashoka's lifeless body tighter, daring to lift my head up to see Anakin staring at me from a few feet away.

His eyes are wide with shock, his hands shaking, gripping now just his lightsaber, but the dark saber as well. I look down next to Anakin to see Pre Vizsla's body, just as lifeless as Ashoka's, only his body no longer has a head.

I look back up at Anakin, seeing that dark cloud that hangs over Anakin become a storm, wild and raging and out for blood. He looks shocked at what he's just done, but he doesn't look even the least bit guilty for brutally killing Vizsla. I wouldn't either, that man deserved his fate. Anakin isn't focusing on Vizsla right now, he's focusing on Ashoka, even as he deflects more blasts from the reminding Pyke Syndicate members. The remaining death watch members have fled now that Vizsla is dead, but even with them gone we are still outnumbered.

Anakin and Obi Wan are trying to fend them off, and even as I pick my blaster back up and shoot at them, I begin to fear that we won't be getting out of this. Just as I think all hope is lost, that we will soon be joining Satine and Ashoka, blasts begin to come from behind the Pyke's.

I feel a laugh escape my lips as I see clones begin to flood through the door, thinking that maybe the republic has finally sent aid. But I recognize the commander leading the thirty clones inside the palace doors, it's Commander Dawn. Right beside him is Aiden, who shoots down the Pyke's with a fury.

He sets his eyes on me, running towards me at high speeds as he sees who is lying in my arms. His shoulders slump, his face falling as he stares at Ashoka, heartbreak written over his face. The clones have taken care of the rest of the Pyke's, letting Anakin and Obi Wan put their lightsabers away and properly mourn what has happened.

Anakin stumbles over to Ashoka's body, his lips wobbling, his face crumbling as he takes her out of my arms and clutches her body against his, leaning his forehead against hers. Obi Wan kneels beside Satine and grips onto her hand, caressing her face gently, letting the tears fall down his face.

Aiden kneels down beside me, pulling me away from Ashoka and Anakin and collecting me into his embrace, holding onto me tightly as I sob into his shoulder. No matter what the republic does about Mandalore, the damage that has been done cannot be undone. I know none of us will ever forget what's happened here today, and we will never forgive.