XXV. Captured

Chapter Twenty-Five
Anakin

Obi Wan and I both jump onto one of the ships, waiting for Fallon and Aiden to climb aboard as well. Aiden jumps up first, and just as Fallon's hand touches the ship, a battle droid's blast hits her, causing her to fall forward onto the ship.

"Fallon!" I shout, dropping down to the ground and grabbing onto her. Aiden is bent down as well, inspecting her injury as she lays in my lap.

Aiden nods slowly. "The blast just hit her in the shoulder, nothing too serious. We need to stop her bleeding though or it could become serious." Aiden rips off some of his shirt, gathering the material up and pressing it on Fallon's shoulder, making her let out a moan. I open my hand up and offer it to her, which she takes, gripping onto it tightly as Aiden puts pressure on the wound.

"Dooku took the queen," Obi Wan says, the most unsettled I've ever seen him. "We need to find them."

"Dooku can't afford to kill her," Aiden tells him, looking up at him in understanding. I know he's worried about Genevieve too. We all are. "She is safe for now."

"Pilot," Obi Wan yells. "Keep an eye out for Count Dooku, but if you spot him don't engage. We need him alive. He could have the queen of Taris with him."

"Yes, sir." The clone says, flying the ship through the cloudy Geonosian air along with the others. I keep my attention focused on Fallon, trying to remain calm despite her blood soaking up Aiden's shirt. She keeps a steady grip on my hand, her eyes fluttering up to me and a pained smile forming on her lips.

"You look quite shaken, Ani," She whispers to me. "It's good to see you've finally warmed up to me."

I chuckle lightly, gripping onto her hand tighter. "Well who can resist your magnetic charm?"

She creases her eyebrows, her breaths coming out a bit shallow. "Are you being sarcastic right now?"

I shake my head at her, rubbing her back gently. "Oh come on now, you know you're charming."

Her eyes begin to flutter, her smile faltering. "I-I know. Just...just checking." She trails off, her body growing limp in my arms. Panic flows through me, and I shake her frantically trying to wake her up. Aiden places his fingers on her neck to check her pulse, letting out an audible sigh of relief.

"She's alive, she just passed out." He says. He pulls his ripped shirt away and reveals that the blue material is now crimson. His relief falters instantly.

There is a full blown battle going on around us. The ships carrying the Jedi have to maneuver in the air to avoid the blasts from the battle droids fighting on the ground below. Federation star ships are rising into the sky, sending out gun fire and laser blasts down to the clone troopers and Jedi fighting hard beneath us. The ships begin consentrating their fire on these star ships, as well as the large spider droids that are cutting through the clones like grass. I find myself not caring about the battle, about the fate of the Jedi or of the war. All I care about is this young rebel in my arms, holding onto her tightly and feeling once again helpless as someone lies dying right in front of me.

I shake my head, glancing at the pilot. "She's lost too much blood, we need to put the ship down."

"We can't now, look!" Obi Wan shouts, his attention glued to a speeder flying across the Geonosian desert in front of us.

"Then shoot him down." I tell the clones.

"No! Genevieve is with him!" Obi Wan points out. Sitting in front of Dooku on the speeder is Genevieve, her figure writhing as she tries to get away from Dooku, but he keeps her in a tight hold.

I look down at Fallon, repeating my pervious statement. "We have to put the ship down. If she doesn't get medical help she'll die."

"Anakin, don't let your personal feelings get in the way. We need to follow Dooku."

I take my eyes off of Fallon, glaring up at him. "My personal feelings? How about yours? We both know Dooku isn't the reason you want to follow that speeder."

Obi Wan's jaw tightens for a moment, his attitude growing a bit more understanding though, returning to his calm nature for a second as he says; "We have a job to do. If we catch Dooku we can end this war right now, as well as save the queen. What would Fallon want you to do?"

I look back down at her small figure in my arms, closing my eyes and saying reluctantly; "She would want me to save her queen."

Aiden reaches forward and grips onto my shoulder tightly, trying to comfort me in any way he can. Aiden continues to put pressure on Fallon's wound, and I continue to hold her as we follow Dooku, hoping we can get the queen before it's too late.

-

Genevieve

Dooku's lands the speeder on a small platform that extends out of a mountain side. There is a small hanger built into the rock itself that the platform is connected to, and in this hanger is a ship waiting for him. Dooku pulls me off the speeder and drags me into the hanger, his movements quick and impatient as he tries to get to the ship.

From behind us I hear the sound of another ship approaching, making Dooku let out a sigh. Jumping from one of the republic gun ships is Obi Wan and Anakin, their lightsaber ignited and ready to fight. Dooku ignites a lightsaber of his own, a red blade, and he places it right next to my throat, his hand still holding me to him.

I can see Obi Wan's eyes widen with fear, but he tries to remain calm. Anakin however is the complete opposite of calm, I would even go as far to say he looks unhinged.

"You're going to pay for all of the Jedi you killed today, Dooku." Anakin says, pacing back and forth with his lightsaber aimed and ready, showing off the impulsiveness Obi Wan has told me about.

"Not today, I'm afraid. The queen and I have some unfinished business." He tells them, putting the blade even closer to my flesh, so close that I can feel the heat radiating off of it.

This makes Obi Wan tighten his grip on his lightsaber, with Anakin following suit and getting in a fighting stance.

Dooku lets out an annoyed sigh, bringing the blade away from me and pushing me forward. I whip around to see him place one of his hands out before him, shooting bolts of lightning from his finger tips. The lightning hits me right in the side, making me freeze up and convulse all at once, my body being launched across the hanger, hitting the floor with a large thud.

The world around me becomes dizzy, my eyes barely being able to keep open. I lift my head as much as I can, seeing that Obi Wan and Anakin are fighting Dooku at once, with Dooku clearly winning.

I try to move my body, try to lift an arm, kick a leg, roll over, but I can't. I'm utterly helpless. I don't give up though, I continue to try and get up, to not lie here as me friends fight that wicked man.

But the more I try to get up the more I struggle, and the more tired I become. I feel my eyes begin to flutter shut, feel every limb grow heavy like they've been turned into metal. With one more attempt I reach forward, extending my arm out as far as I can before it drops, my eyes finally falling shut, and darkness consuming me.