XXX. Two Queens

Chapter Thirty
Aiden

As much as I hate leaving Taris when the war is approaching us at high speeds, I have to admit, I am speechless at the beauty and grace of Naboo. I felt so filled with dread being forced to keep away from my home, but now that I'm here, I almost find myself relaxing.

When we first arrived here and I stepped out of the ship, I was hit with a light breeze, carrying the smell of flowers and the sounds of flowing rivers. All around me is green; green trees, green grass, green stems that hold gorgeous flowers of all colors. The waterfall that falls over a cliffs edge next to the Queen's palace is the most stunning color of blue I have ever seen. The sound of the water tumbling down and hitting the lake below is soothing, just as soothing as the songs of the birds flying above us.

We are now sitting in the Queen's throne room in the palace. It's made of a smooth cream stone, with high archways that mark every dark wood door. Red curtains and carpets accent the stone, making the entire palace feel regal and elegant, while feeling open due to the many windows that overlook the waterfall.

It's hard to pay attention to the meeting we are having when we are in a place so beautiful. I glance over to Padmé sitting next to me and catch her eye. She immediately looks away, pretending she wasn't looking at me first. I find myself smiling slightly, trying to listen to the two queens talking to each other.

"With this war there will be refugees all over the galaxy, people going hungry, people dying for a war they didn't want. We are witnessing chaos." Queen Jamilla says solemnly. She's wearing a face of white makeup with prominent red lipstick, a large white headpiece covering her brown hair and a matching white dress flowing down to the floor. Queen Genevieve is wearing a dress she borrowed from Padmé; it's cream near her chest, but slowly becomes blue and purple and pink as the dress reaches the ground. The sleeves are also very low, making most of her arms visible. Her hair is pulled up but a headpiece that goes with the dress. They both look beautiful and strong, every bit a queen.

"I couldn't agree more. I don't want this war anymore than you do, but Count Dooku cannot be allowed to wreak more havoc. He has to be stopped."

Queen Jamilla nods. "Indeed. I am so sorry, Genevieve, about what that horrid man has done to your people. You said that one of the Jedi is working to get your trade ports liberated?"

She nods. "Yes, and I am hoping that we can get supplies to my people soon. Dooku was sending supplies for a while as a way to manipulate my people, but he won't be doing that now. We need clothes and food. Part of why I wanted to speak with you today is because I need help, my people need help," Genevieve says, not trying to hide her desperation for our people's safety. "I was hoping Naboo would provide aid and give my people supplies for the time being. Dooku is sending an army to Taris in an attempt to take over. My people will be more isolated than ever and their lives will be at risk. They are already dying, Jamilla, starving and scared for what's about to happen."

Queen Jamilla reaches forward and grasps onto Genevieve's hand, giving her a putting smile. "Of course Naboo will assist you. We have been allies for centuries, and allies help one another in their time of need. Now, you said that was part of the reason you wanted to speak with me. What's the other part?"

"Dooku will be attacking the major cities of Taris according to Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi. He said we need to evacuate my people from those cities, but they have nowhere else to go. The local villages throughout the planet will have no room to house them, especially if Dooku attacks those villages which I am positive he will. I am asking to send the Taris refugees here until the siege is over. I know it is a lot, but Taris is the most vulnerable it's ever been. I need all the help I can acquire if my people have any chance at surviving this war."