XLII. The Last Of The Siege

Chapter Forty-Two
Fallon

Since the republic has finally opened their eyes to the struggle Taris is going through, there isn't anything for me to do on Bretta. Ashoka has won Cardellia, which is currently under clone occupation like Bretta is. She and I have returned to Taris to help Anakin with the last of the siege.

Aiden and Padmé are taking care of the refugees on Naboo, Genevieve and Obi Wan are still gone, so it's up to the three of us to drive the separatists away. Grevious has returned to Taris, jumping back and forth between fighting us on the front lines and attacking the innocent people in the villages. He was attacking the villages before to lure Genevieve out of hiding, but now he's just doing it for his own sick pleasure.

We have defended the cities for past two days, driving the droid forces out only to have them latch onto another city. They're like a disease, spreading from one place to the next, mindless and heartless in their attempts to snuff out all life.

Grevious is the greatest disease of all, a cold blooded killer that shows no mercy and only knows his own ambition. The only positive about this whole situation is the aggravation that is flowing through Grevious now, his frustrated groans every time we win a battle. We are winning the war on Taris and he is loosing. This fact drives him insane.

The battle today will decide who will truly win this fight. We are defending the city of Amare, which is the second largest city on the planet, surrounded by the primary villages that create the medicine we ship out to the trade ports. If the separatists take this city over then they will have a stable base to take the capital and the other cities. But if we kick them out, then they will have to retreat.

Ashoka and I are using the tunnel systems under the city right now, which provides us an advantage against the clanking battle droids above. Anakin on the other hand is up in the sky, defending the planet from the separatist starfighters. Something I have come to learn about Anakin is his enjoyment of battle, of fighting for his cause. He's a true warrior, although more childish than most warriors tend to be. In our com links I can hear his cheers of self victory every time he shoots a ship down, every time he blows something up.

"I think you're enjoying yourself too much up there." I say into the coms, shooting down another droid.

I hear a chuckle from his end. "Jealous? I'm destroying ships up here that are at least double the points. How many droids have you taken down?"

I roll my eyes. "Ships do not count for more points. And for your information, I have taken down thirty six."

Ashoka throws a charge at a destroyer droid, grinning at me. "I've destroyed forty two."

I hear Anakin groan. "You're such a show off."

Ashoka takes this as a compliment. "I learned from the best, Sky Guy."

"We need a new plan, Ani," I tell him, throwing another charge and ducking back into the tunnel to avoid the blast. "The droids are really kicking our ass down here."

"I have a plan, but you aren't going to like it."

"Try me."

"We need to take down the main ship, the separatist dreadnought. Once it's destroyed the smaller cruisers will be vulnerable, our own cruisers can destroy them. If the clones down there push the droids out of the city, out of cover from the buildings, the star cruisers can lay waste to them. We'll win."