LVI. Jayce Daulton

Chapter Fifty-Six
Genevieve

Obi Wan has been extremely quiet, his eyes staring blankly out the windows of my bedroom, lost in thought. He and I have been sitting on top of my bed, with me curled up next to him, my head resting on his shoulder.

Since Satine and Ashoka's funeral, Obi Wan hasn't spoken much. I know how much he cared about Ashoka, and I know he's worried about how Anakin is taking her loss. So am I. It's like apart of Anakin has died along with Ashoka.

I also know how deeply Obi Wan cared about Satine. He loved her once, probably still does in many ways. She was an exceptional woman, and an even better ruler to her people. We have all felt her loss, but none more than Obi Wan. All I can do is try to comfort him, as he comforted me when my father died.

"Satine's death wasn't your fault, my dear," I whisper to him, lifting my head up to look at him more. "You cannot blame yourself."

He looks away from the window and down to me, smiling lightly. "It doesn't feel that way. I just need time...time to process everything."

"You don't have to endure this alone," I tell him, sitting myself up more so we are at eye level, bringing my hand up to caress his cheek gently. "I will always be here for you. Always."

He leans forward and kisses my forehead, grabbing onto my hand and holding it to his chest, his thumb brushing gently over my knuckles.

As we take comfort in each other's arms, I begin to feel the secret I have kept these past few days weighing down on me. But is it the right time to tell him? I suppose during war there is no right time, there's just the here and now. If Satine and Ashoka's deaths have taught me anything, its that life is short, and you can't have any regrets.

I let out a small sigh, turning myself more towards him, trying to pluck up the courage I need to tell him what I found out during his time on Mandalore.

"Obi Wan, there is something I have to tell you." I say, my voice growing a bit more serious. Obi Wan senses this, his face growing concerned.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yes, more than alright, actually. I learned something while I was on Coruscant. I had gotten sick the day of the senate debate and Padmé brought me to the medical center to see if I had an illness. A doctor ran a few tests and one of them came back positive. I-I'm pregnant, Obi Wan."

Obi Wan blinks at me a couple times, clearly shocked by what I have just said. He seems at a loss for words. His silence prompts me to continue speaking; "Padmé and I have already come up with an explanation for the pregnancy. I will say that the father was a guard of mine who died, and that we got married in a secret ceremony so our child will have a legitimate claim to the throne—"

My rambling is cut off by Obi Wan, who cups my face with both hands and kisses me fiercely, catching me a bit off guard. He pulls back from me after a few seconds, the largest smile I have ever seen on his face.

He drops one of his hands down to my stomach, shutting his eyes, his face creasing in concentration. After a moment he lets out a laugh, opening his eyes back up to look at me. "I can feel him."

"Him?"

"Him. Pretty soon we're going to have the future king of Taris."

I let out a laugh, placing my hand over his. "If it's a boy, then I know what we'll name him."

Obi Wan nods. "I haven't forgotten," he says, leaning down and placing a kiss on my stomach, grasping onto my hand tightly. "Jayce Daulton, our little prince."

I let go of his hand and cup his cheek, and smile at my husband before bringing his lips to mine, feeling his arms wrap around my waist. I know that no matter what this war brings, or what the future holds, we will always have this; the three of us. There is nothing, not the separatists, not the Sith, not even death that will separate us.

-

Fallon

"Do you, Fallon Priya, take this man to be your husband?" The priest asks me.

Anakin and I discreetly went to the high priest of Taris. We asked him if he objected to performing a secret wedding ceremony, and he assured us it wouldn't be the first time, which made Anakin and I share a knowing smirk.

So here we are, standing before the Taris high priest, declaring our love for one another.

I nod my head, unable to take my eyes off of Ani. "I do."

"Do you, Anakin Skywalker, take this woman to be you're wife?"

Anakin grins, his fingers brushing mine and he links our hands together. "I do."

"Place your hands on top of one another," The priest directs us. Anakin brinks our linked hands up and holds them up, allowing the priest to wrap the ribbon around our combined hands. "Now repeat after me; from this day, and until the end of all days, we are one."

"From this day, and until the end of all days, we are one." Anakin and I repeat, neither one of us able to wipe the smile off our faces.

"Then by the power vested in me by the planet Taris, I now pronounce you husband and wife. General, you may kiss your bride."

Anakin cups my face with his metal hand and kisses me, our combined hands still wrapped in the ribbon, signifying what we have just promised each other; that no matter what happens in the future, we will face it together. No matter what this war may bring, no matter what the galaxy has to throw at us, we will face it all together, as one.