Chapter 14

I wake the next morning to the now familiar scent of Harry. My back is to his front and his arm is casually draped around me; his legs tangled with mine. I know that this is the happiest I've ever woken up. No nightmares. No tears. No panic. I feel relaxed and it's been a long time since I've felt that. I turn slightly to look at him, his face looking younger while he is asleep. I reach out and touch his cheek.

"Good morning," he says with his eyes still shut, surprising me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's alright. It felt nice."

We lay that way for a while, neither one of us wanting to disrupt the peacefulness of it

We lay that way for a while, neither one of us wanting to disrupt the peacefulness of it. I have my head pressed against his bare chest and I slowly start trailing kisses up until I reach his neck and then move along his jawline. He hums softly enjoying my assault. I feel his hand move slowly down my side, his fingertips just lightly grazing my skin. He gets to my hips and squeezes tightly, causing me to suck in a breath. He smiles at my reaction and then moves his hand further down to firmly grab my butt which makes me moan against his neck. With my good arm under my side and my sore arm on the outside I'm not able to touch him how I want to. I think he senses this, and he flips me onto my back, and hovers over me, immediately planting kisses on my exposed neck. I graze my nails up and down his exposed back, earning a soft moan against my neck from Harry. He quickly moves to my mouth and expertly moves his tongue with mine. I reach between us and gently cup him through his boxer-briefs he had slept in.

A knocking on the outside of the boat accompanied by a "Hello?" scares Harry so much that he hits his head on the ceiling jumping back from me.

"Oh my god," I whisper. "That must be the electrician."

"Be right there," Harry finally gets words out as he rubs his head.

We both scramble up and get dressed quickly. We appear topside and the electrician doesn't seem any the wiser to what he interrupted. The man boards the boats and starts inspecting the problem, while Harry and I try to contain our composure after being caught mid-make out session. It doesn't take long for him to identify and fix the problem. I'm very thankful to have electricity again.

"You know, you should get the boat out of the water on a lift soon to check the keel. That's where lightning strikes leave the boat and sometimes there is damage that you can't see. It can cause leaks."

"Ok, thanks for your time," I say politely and give him my payment information. He hands me a receipt and then he's on his way.

Harry looks at me somewhat mischievously. "Boat's fixed. Now let's get going to that secluded cove where we won't be interrupted," he says kissing my cheek.

"We need food."

"Alright. Where to?"

"We'd have to go back to that public marina we were at. Dock there and take a taxi in."