Chapter 57: War zone (part 1)

First, this is the part 1 of Chapter 57. Expect the part 2 soon :) Enjoy!

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

SOUTHERN

Watching my Mom in tears broke me and I hate to admit that it sucked seeing her in this state. Beside her was Dad who's calming her down and whispering sweet nothing words, his arms were wrapped possessively around her body like he was protecting her from any danger.

Standing in the corner, fingers fidgeting, head in turmoil, I averted my gaze when Mom sobbed loudly. Her pain and lost tearing my heart into pieces, the grief in her eyes was unbearable causing me to shook my head as Dad speak to her.

"We're not yet sure honey, please calm down.." his voice were soft, calming yet firm. I could see how he was holding back his anger just not to make the situation worse.

"H-hindi ko kakayanin, Gideon kapag may nangyaring masama sa mga anak natin" Mom cried painfully.

"My men are already in there to inspect the accident. I can assure you that it wasn't our children, let's not think the bad things, okay?"

Clenching my fist I glare at the marble floor hoping my eyes produce a laser beam to create a hole in the hard surface. My knuckles whitening, as when I felt like losing my temper a soft and small hand held mine making me snapped back to reality, loosening my grip and looking at the kid beside me my eyes softened. Gyro looked at me worriedly, his blue wide eyes were filled with concern and confusion. He doesn't know what was happening yet and I think it's better that way. He's too young to understand everything.

"Are you okay?" his soft voice soothing me.

Nodding my head, I sat bending my one knee to level him. I caress his small face and smile as his innocence yet powerful eyes gave me chill. At the young age he already had an incredible intimidating aura that scare the people around him. Natatakot ako na baka hindi maging maganda ang idulot nito sakanya paglaki niya.

"Yeah. Can you stay in your room?"

Tumango siya kaya hinalikan ko ito sa noo bago siya tumakbo paakyat sa hagdanan. Nang nawala na ito sa paningin ko ay bumaling akong muli sa mga magulang ko. I sighed when I saw my Mom broke down as Dad keeps on comforting her.

East and West are missing. Nakarating sa mga magulang ko na may ibang sumundo sakanila sa school. Everyone is looking for them, the media, the authorities, the concern citizens but not anyone of them can point a finger of their location nor the suspect. But I do. My parents do. This is just something we cannot settle with the authorities and the public. After their abduction publicized, terrible news reached us causing my mother feel devastated. A news came to us announcing that there was two high school boys found dead in the vacant lot near my brothers' school. The authorities were already inspecting the bodies, my mother insisted to go and see it with herself but Dad restraining her, calming her down and telling her it's wasn't my brothers even if he himself haven't seen the bodies.

Dad was calm yet I could see him restraining his emotions. Kung meron mang matatag dito sa amin, siya iyon. He knew how to control himself, despite my siblings abduction he remained collected and set a plan to rescue them from Akari.

Wala mang pruweba ay alam na namin kaagad na ito ang may pakana ng lahat ng ito. Ito rin marahil ang dahilan kung bakit nawawala si North. Wala namang ibang magpapahamak sa pamilya ko kung hindi siya.