Chapter Twenty Four

When I awoke, the vivid memory of last night was still burning in my mind. Maddox was still asleep, probably more worn out by last night than me. Of course, I had no idea just how tired your body being taken over by your wolf makes your body. As soon as I flung the cover of the bed so I could go to the toilet, something grabbed my hand and pulled me back,

"Good morning,"

I sighed, "Good morning. Are you ok?"

"I should be asking you that," Maddox mused, "I can't really remember anything, other than my wolf taking over and then leaving my office. How bad was I?"

"You weren't bad at all actually, not at all what I was expecting," I admitted,

He tilted his head, "Really? What did I do?"

I relayed the entire night in my mind, my mind flashing back to Rex's parting words, that he would be in trouble. And while I didn't have any idea why, I was hoping it wasn't anything too bad.

I sat up, "You came into the room just after dusk I think. Rex could sense that I was really nervous-"

"Rex?" Maddox interrupted, a look of disbelief on his face, "That's what he got you to call him?"

"I mean, yeah. He said he didn't have a name, and that I could call him Rex, is something wrong with that?" I asked slowly, was that why he was going to be in trouble?

Maddox shook his head, "It's just so typical, Rex means king. He had you calling him King for a whole night, the bastard."

I raised an eyebrow, "You talk about him as if he is a completely different person!"

He shrugged, "That's because he is, please, continue with what you were saying."

I felt a little embarrassed, but regardless, I continued, "We talked a little bit, I kissed him, he kissed me, and then we went to sleep."

Maddox sat up, his eyes wide, "Did he kiss you- wait... What is that on your neck?"

Maddox grabbed all my hair and pulled it back, holding it in a ponytail with his hand. His eyes ran over my neck,

He growled, "Of course, of course, he would do something like this. See this is exactly why I didn't want you two to be in the same room,"

I think Maddox had just found out why Rex would be in trouble, and by the look on his face, it wasn't anything good.

I moved my hand and grabbed all the hair that Maddox was holding, "What do you mean?"

He pressed his thumb onto the places that his wolf had kissed last night, "Maybe you should have a look for yourself," He bit out.

I pulled away from his touch and practically ran over to the closest mirror I could find, gasping as I looked in at my reflection. Large, reddish-purple marks dotted along my neck, and then lighter in colour along my jaw. The mark on my collarbone was easily the biggest, drawing in my eye right away. It would have been the size of a walnut.

"Oh," I responded dumbly, not knowing what to say.

Maddox snorted, "Oh, all right, stupid wolf couldn't have kept it to himself."

I turned my head around, a small smile on my face, "Are you jealous or something?" I asked teasingly, laughing at the face of disgust he made at my words.

Maddox stood up off the bed, "No! I'm mad because he violated you! I told him not to do anything like this,"

I walked over to where he was standing and placed a hand on his chest, "Calm down, it's fine. Truly, it is. I didn't mind at all. Just calm down, and tone down the jealousy," I added with a wink,