Chapter Thirty Six

I felt the hard concrete underneath my stomach, my hands quickly being covered in a dark, sticky substance as I pushed myself up off the floor. I blinked, trying to regain some of the focus that I had lost. I pulled a hand up to my head, 

Where was I?

As I moved my arm, I heard the clinking of metal against metal. I looked down, my hands were encircled with two handcuffs, each with a string of chains connecting them both together and to the floor. I looked behind me, the situation identical to my ankles.

I could feel something open and sticky on the side of my head, a low throb emitting from it. Had I been hit? My memory was blurry, a slow build-up of what had happened before began to form in my mind.

"So she finally awakes." A sinister voice called out, I looked up.

I was sitting on the floor of a plain, concreted room. There were no windows, only lightbulbs connected via open wire. Cracked covered the floor, the wallpaper on the walls were peeling off, leaving behind a gooey substance.

I felt bile rise up in my throat when I noticed the bones.

I chose to ignore them

Then I looked in front of me. I saw seven people, one sitting in an old-style, gothic chair. I felt his stone-grey eyes bore into me, straight, brown hair that was unevenly cut hovered just above his shoulders. His brown skin was covered in shadows due to the uneven lighting, making him look that much more intimidating. The other six men stood beside him, three on each side of the chair. Each was covered in long, sweeping black hoods, hiding their faces and bodies from view.

"What is this?" I coughed, "Who are you?"

"Didn't we tell you that you would regret saying no? And I do believe you were told that you would regret staying with your little werewolf mate. I think you know exactly who we are." He said again, his lips turning upwards into a malicious smile.

I watched him stand up and slowly make his way to me. He paused, the only sound in the room is the clack of his shoes against the concrete. He extended his hand toward me, running his finger over the side of my head. He pulled back, the finger that he had touched me with now being covered in blood.

"K U T." He started, "Kilor Uiv Italjz. Which translates to The spill of red blood. An organisation powered by a never-ending hate for those who lead us. Wolves." He snarled. "You would remember that we offered you an opportunity to save yourself from the mate bond. Yet you refused, instead, turning against us and using our generosity as an excuse to gather information and slaughter. We were all quite impressed," The hooded figures nodded, "Furious of course, but still impressed. Unfortunately for you, our offer of help is no longer applicable."

His words were going in one ear and out the other, barely even registering. "Than why am I here?" I croaked, lifting my head. 

He bent down and stuck a finger under my chin, lifting my head up so high that the back of my skull was touching my back. "To keep on schedule. We attack in a week. Of course, we had planned for it to be done whilst you were still absent but no matter. Us having you will weaken your mate in battle, and, should we begin to lose, we have you as a bargaining chip. I assure you, your mate would hand over his crown for your safe return."

He pulled away, letting my head fall as he began walking back to his throne-like chair. He sat down, "Your a bargaining chip my dear, but that certainly doesn't mean we need to keep you safe and unharmed. The only people that know what you're here are my closest advisors and me." He extended his arm out to the left, "Nero, my torturer." He took off his hood, "Lucifer, my Caporigime," His arm extended to the right, "Legion, my hacker and developer, Judas, my second in command and Levin, my extractor. He, of course, was the one who brought you here."