Izuku X Shy Anxious Male Reader *Edited*

A/N: This was also a request

"These mean inner monologue"

----------------------------------------------------

The constant tap of your pencil on your pants leg as it made a 'thump, thump, thump' was what was keeping you grounded at the moment. You were in the middle of an English test for Present Mic and you weren't fairing well. At least from your viewpoint, you weren't doing as good as you thought you might have if you studied as much as Midoriya and Iida. Midoriya was a walking Encyclopedia and you could have sworn that he had an Analysis quirk. You were soon thrown back into focus by a searing gaze burning holes into your face. You chanced a glance up and to your dismay, Mic-sensei was already looking at you. You wanted to disappear right then and there straight through the floor. Maybe you can ask Mirio if you can borrow his Permeation quirk for these perfect moments. A throat was cleared and you jumped looking up with wide scared eyes as Bakugo glared at you looking down at the consistent thump of your pencil against your leg. You instantly stopped it not wanting to encounter the explosive male again in any shape, way, or form. Now you opt to try and hide your face to the best of your ability while jiggling your leg up and down. Dammit, your anxiety was getting the best of you and you felt like you were the center of attention. Everyone was looking at you with disapproval clear in their eyes hearing the voices in the back of your head mocking you telling you all these things.

"You will never be good enough. They are all staring at you wishing you would just disappear right now. You can never do anything right. All you're good for is staying quiet and doing as people say. Even that you can't do right."

You shook your head wanting to rid yourself of these thoughts. Now was not the time for these thoughts to appear and for your anxiety to be kicking in overdrive. You had a very important English test to pass right now and the last thing you needed was to fail because of the voices induced by your anxiety. To the best of your ability, you ignored the snide and hateful voice in your head telling you that you can't amount to anything important. You continued to write the answers to each question the only thing on your mind was getting out of the room. You alternated between shaking legs and you had to grip the desk hard with your unused hand but that didn't stop the shaking. You just wanted to finish and make it to the bathroom before class was over. Once class was over that meant kids would be leaving and when kids come out of the classroom they usually hang out or infiltrate the bathrooms. Something that was not needed and you knew you had to go asap when you saw a wet drop hit the paper. You furiously wiped your eyes not wanting to show any type of weakness to anyone.

They already thought that you were pathetic, an extra and you didn't need to give them any more reason to think along those lines. You were answering the last question when you felt like the room was closing in on you. You swiftly packed your back and grabbed your jacket trying your best not to draw attention to yourself. You moved out of your seat handing it to Present Mic sensei bowing to him before bolting it out of the room and making a beeline for the bathroom. There was no one in the hallway so that meant that you had time to be by yourself. You pushed the door open letting it close softly behind you as you finally let the tears fall. You don't even know why you were crying but you felt the need to cry and you weren't about to stop it. Soon your silent tears turned to whimpers and then small sobs as you covered your mouth trying in vain to muffle your sounds. The last thing you needed was for someone to hear you and that would be the end for you. You didn't need that kind of stress added to your plate when you already had a lot to deal with. You had a lot of anxiety and you didn't know who to go to for this kind of help since it was frowned upon for boys or men to even show any ounce of weakness. That needed to stop because it was seriously damaging to the psyche, just like it damaged you in ways you think are irreversible. You can't even think too long about sharing your problems with someone without losing your breath and going down the track of having a panic attack. Oh no, you were hyperventilating. All your crying and sobs made you lose your breath which created a domino effect and now here you were trying to calm down in the corner of the bathroom by the window. It wasn't working and it only got worse when you heard the tell-tell sign of class ending courtesy of the bell. Oh no, oh no, oh no. People were coming and that meant people were going to come in here. Not wanting to see anyone right now you did the only thing you can think of at the moment and that was to hide in the stall. You locked the door and put the seat down standing on top of it. You thank whatever God out there for U.A not having gaps and making the doors really tall. Just in time too because as soon as you stepped on the seat the door opened and you heard three familiar voices.

"What the hell was wrong with that fucking guy." Of course, it had to be Bakugo, of all the people in the class, it had to be him

"Don't be so harsh on him bakubro, he's just shy and gets nervous easily." That was Kirishima and what a surprise they were talking about you. How fascinating.

"DON'T FUCKING CALL ME THAT SHITTY HAIR!" You heard the sign of a fist meeting flesh and you could only assume that Katsuki threw a punch at Kirishima who blocked it with his hardening quirk. How was he able to stand such an egocentric loudmouth like he was beyond your comprehension.

"He's right Kacchan." Ah, and Midoriya was with them. He was a mystery himself, apparently, he and Kacchan were childhood friends but all his life Bakugo saw Midoriya as an extra, someone who is a stepping stone and isn't worth anything to him

"WHAT THE HELL YOU KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING SHITTY NERD! HE'S A FUCKING PANSY WHO HAS NO FUCKING BALLS" You had plenty of balls if your anxiety didn't contribute to your natural shy nature.

"That's not nice of you to say Kacchan." You heard crackling which meant Bakugo was about to hit him.

"DIE SHITTY-" His voice was muffled presumably by Kirishima who you assumed dragged him away fighting and screeching as Midoriya followed behind them. You waited with bated breath as the door closed behind them and once you were sure no one else was inside you let yourself breathe as you felt tears prick the corners of your eyes. That was so scary, there were too many people and loud voices at once. You carefully got off the toilet and opened the door to the stall as it swung to the right. You walked out and let the stall door close

"I figured you were still in here." You let out a very high-pitched scream which you quickly covered your mouth as you got hot from your neck all the way up to the tip of your ears with embarrassment. You looked towards the culprit and saw that it was Midoriya looking at you with a worried frown on his lips. You hid your face in your raised arms shaking in place as you were caught. He caught you, he caught you. That's all you can think about as the tears poured again and you felt like you were going to have a panic attack. He knows your secret, he knows how weak and pitiful you are. He knows you have no use and he's going to tell everyone and everyone is going to isolate you- "L/N-Kun" You jumped as an arm wrapped around you bringing your shaking frame in for a hug "It's okay L/N-Kun. It's okay to cry." You felt his hand rub up and down your back gently and that's when the dam broke. You let it all out. He let you also and you didn't even realize that you two were sitting on the floor but he didn't seem to care so you didn't make it a big deal. You cried like you haven't cried in years and it felt good, it felt so good and before you knew it you were clinging onto his uniform tightly not wanting to move. You didn't know how long the two of you sat there as he comforted you, but he continued his ministrations until you stopped crying and you weren't sniffling anymore. "You're not useless, you're not pitiful, you're not a pansy either." Did you say your thoughts out loud? "You're none of those things, you're just L/N-Kun a boy who needs some patience, time, and a friend." Your eyes widen taking in his words and finally, you pulled back to look him in the face.

"D-do you r-really mean t-t-that?" You had to know, you needed verbal reassurance. You didn't want to be tricked again into trusting someone because he said that one word.

"Of course I do L/N-kun you're my friend." He gave you a grin and you couldn't help but grin right back at him. He got up extending a hand to you "Come on, let's wash your face before heading out towards the dorms." You did as he suggested standing on wobbly legs and walking towards the sink to wash your face thanking him as he passed you a paper towel to dry your face. As you grabbed your bags and he walked towards the door unlocking it, that explained why no one walked in on you being comforted during your meltdown. As you both walked down the empty hallways you had to know one more thing.

"Y-you won't tell anyone w-what happened r-right?" He didn't peg you as the type to tell anyone then again Uraraka and Iida can be persistent when needed.

"I promise L/N-kun!" He grabbed your hand giving it a gentle squeeze before letting go and starting talking about heroes and whatnot. It made you smile knowing that you had at least one friend now and someone who doesn't judge you for having anxiety and attacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

More of a bromance