★Rant IX

We dwell on the future and the past too much. We spend so much time thinking of what we can do for tomorrow and what we might have done for the best in the past that we oftentimes forget to give value of what's going on in the present.

To reminisce about the bitter and sweet memories of the past gives us a delightful joy in our hearts, it eagerly wants us to go back to that day again to either feel the warmness of our victories or to right what we've mistaken.

To do advance thinking of what might happen in the future gives us equal dread and excitement. We fear and get excited of what might happen.

It's not remembering an awful event in the past that makes us more cautious. It's not the excitement of the future that makes us feel anxious about the reality ahead of us but it's the present that we're afraid of, we're afraid to commit a decision that might put us into a more difficult situation. We tend to forget the essence of living- to live life at its fullest, to become genuinely happy, it's because we have to be careful of our action, we must know our bounds.

We're not progressing because we're tied to our limitations, we're bound to being always cautious of our actions because our future is at stake. Our lives are always on the line, we must maintain a dignified and honored image so that we look credible in the eyes of the society.

Present is sure a pain in the ass, it makes us dread to face the future more and it makes us think of the past, making us recount our mistakes and be wary of not committing them again. The present is really obnoxious and surprising, we can't know what mysteries it brings. The present is the keeper of the past and the harbinger of the future we must be careful of.