Chapter 7

Coffee.

I used to love the smell of it, but after a week of spilled drinks and mixed up orders the very smell of coffee made me want to gag. At least I was assuming that was why I felt sick since the weekly ultra sounds hadn't shown any change.

Standing in the elevator up to Dreece's apartment I scrubbed at the coffee stain on my white shirt. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have baristas where white shirts was an idiot. The aprons didn't do shit to protect them and this shirt was well on it's way to being brown like so many others.

The elevators ding startled me, the doors sliding open at an almost irritatingly slow speed. I needed to get this shirt soaking, about two hours ago, if I wanted to save it.

Stepping into the hallway I found myself once more pressed against a strong leather wrapped chest. The muscles beneath my cheeks rumbled as I tried to scramble back only to find the elevator door in my way.

"We really need to stop meeting like this little one." Rhett's voice rasped, sending goosebumps flying up my arms.

"I umm... I'm sorry..." What the hell? Did my voice always have to squeak when I was around him?

"No problem, it's not a bad way to meet someone just a bit... interesting." The warm wall of muscles moved back after a moment longer, drawing a small sigh from my lips as it did.

"That's one way to put it. Dangerous is another. I could have been carrying something hot and have just spilled it all over you." My face burned after a moment realizing just how stupid that sounded.

"True, you do work at The Little Bean after all. I suppose I'm lucky not to be covered in third degree burns right now." Rhett smiled, his eyes roaming over me before landing on the stain on my shirt.

My arms moved of their own accord to try and cover the blemish as if it was something to be embarrassed about.

"I have a pretty good homemade stain remover you can borrow if you want to try and save your shirt."

"You... what?" Glancing over him I noticed that even though he smelled like grease and oil and leather, there wasn't a single stain on his clothes. "I um... sure I'd appreciate that. I just... I never pictured you as the kind of guy who would care about something like that."

Unlike his voice, his laughter was light and melodious, wrinkles forming at the corners of his slate eyes.

"I suppose not, but working in a car shop makes it a bit hard not to. If I didn't I'd be buying a new wardrobe every other week. I was about to head out, but I've got a few moments. Follow me." He turned heading back toward his apartment, offering me a delicious view of his tight jean clad ass.

Biting my lip at the tantalizing view I followed along behind him. By the time I caught up, Rhett was offering me a strange look, my cheeks flushing warmly.

"Well here we are." He turned the lock opening the door. "Why don't you wait in the living room and I'll be right back with the stain remover?"

He left before giving me much of a chance to answer, which was fine by me as I needed a moment to adjust myself. Rhett's apartment was filled with warm colors, a complete contradiction to the crisp neutrals of Dreece's place.

This man confused me, he was nothing like what I'd assumed he would be. The room was neat and clean where I'd figured it to be a grungy bachelor pad. He even had several plants growing out on the balcony area.

Moving through the room I couldn't help but pause at some of the pictures he had amongst his books. Most seemed to be of him and a dog or an older couple I assumed where his parents.