Chapter 26

"Hey f-" Dreece's grin faded as they looked at me. "Fuck Ry what happened?"

Silently I handed them my phone, feeling a bit dizzy as I settled into the passenger's seat. My mind was still reeling over the threat.

"That son of a bitch!" Dreece snarled, slamming their hand on the steering wheel making me jump. "How fucking dare him! He must have known that you are trying to fight him. He's going to end up with a cease and desist at the least, but now I want to see him in jail."

"That... that's not the part that has me freaking out Dreece... He... He's threatening my baby." My voice wavered tears welling up at the thought of losing my baby. "He never wanted kids and now he wants to stop me from getting my happiness at every turn."

"Calm down Ryan. It's not like he can claim the baby is his. I know you didn't use the serum until after you walked out on his lying, cheating scumbag ass." Dreece replied, their voice slowly returning to a more reasonable tone as they worked to calm me down.

"T-True... plus we hadn't had sex for several months before that..." Relief flooded through me, allowing me to breath clearly once more. "And even if we had, all it would take is a paternity test to prove that Rhett is the baby's father."

"Exactly, you are simply stressed out. Nothing is going to happen to Merfington." Dreece sent me a sideways smirk at the name, drawing a frustrated groan from me.

"That's not its name Dreece... When are you going to let this go?" I flopped my head against the headrest, rolling it to look at them. "I mean seriously, the cat thing was over a decade ago."

"I know, which just makes this even better, in my opinion, I can keep annoying you until you've chosen a name, and possibly even after that." Dreece's grin was evil as the turned their car on. "After all, I get to be the crazy 'Auncle.'"

"Auncle? What the hell does that mean?"

"Gender-neutral Aunt and or Uncle." Dreece stuck their tongue out at me before focusing on the road once more. "So where should we go first. I'm kind of in the mood for some new party clothes."

"Do we really have to go shopping Dree? Today has been hell. I'd really rather go home." I grumbled shifting uncomfortably in my seat. The baby had gotten into a habit of jabbing its hand or foot into my ribs.

"Of course, we need to go shopping even more than before because of how bad today has become!" Dreece smirked and turned toward the mall. "We can do some baby shopping too, you're going to need to get a few things after all before the baby is born since you won't let me throw you a baby shower."

"Why would I want a baby shower? The only people that would be there are you and Michael." I pointed out a parking spot.

"Yes!" Dreece whooped and pulled in, cutting off another car going for the same spot. "Too slow sucker! No one has better parking Karma than me when I've got Ryan on board."

"One of these times you are going to get us into an accident and I'll never forgive you for that if my baby gets hurt." I threatened playfully before unbuckling and getting out of the car. "Can we swing by the bathrooms before we start shopping?"

"Again? I swear I can't take you anywhere without you living in their bathroom." Dreece griped before playfully shoving me with their hip. "Yeah we can stop by the bathroom, but then I want to hit up Spencer's got it?"

I cringed at that, hating Spencers with a passion. It was stupid, but Andrew, for all his stick up the ass attitude, used to love dragging me in there. He loved the way the sex toys at the very back made me blush when we started dating. At least Dreece stuck to the front of the store, normally looking for a new pair of gauges or other bobbles for their many piercings.