Chapter 22

Phil's POV
A week later Dan and I were curled up in my bed, no we didn't have sex, and we were discussing what had happened with Kelsie.
"I just don't get it Phil," Dan was saying, "she's always been so 'just be yourself' and now it's like she wants to condemn us for who we are."
"Yeah," I muttered, thoughtfully, "maybe I should see if she'll talk with me."
"You should love," Dan said, "I think she might be holding something in that needs to come out."
"Okay," I sighed, getting up, "I'm going to go call her."
I pressed a quick kiss to Dan's lips and, grabbing my phone, got up and left the room. Once I was in the living room I dialed Kelsie's number and pressed the phone to my ear. After three rings she answered.

***Phone Conversation***
"Hello?"
"Hey Kelsie," I mumbled.
"What's up Phil?"
"I think we need to talk," I said, "can I come over?"
There was a moment of hesitation. Then, "Sure, come on over."
"Ok," I smiled, "I'll be over in ten."
"See you then, bye."
"Bye."
***End of Phone Conversation***

"Dan," I called.
"Yes love?"
"I'm heading over to Kelsie's ," I said.
"Okay," he called, "bye, Phil."
"Bye boobear," I said.

***At Kelsie's Apartment***
I knocked on the door and waited for Kelsie to answer. Thoughts swirled through my head. What was she going to say? What was I going to tell her? I knew that I couldn't tell her about Dan and I, but she would probably suspect something if I drilled her about him being so rude to gays. I was jerked out of my thoughts by the door opening. Kelsie was standing there in a pair of sweats and an old black t-shirt.
"Hi," she said weakly, obviously upset over something since she never wears that old t-shirt unless she was upset.
"Hey Kelsie," I smiled, "how are you?"
"I'm okay I guess," she sighed.
"Come on Kelsie," I said, "we both know that isn't true. Now let's talk."
She nodded and motioned for me to follow her into the living room. Once we were situated in the living room I looked at Kelsie nervously.
"So," she said, "what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"
"I wanted to talk to you about what happened last week," I said.
"What about it?" She was feigning innocence.
"The way you acted when Georgie said Dan and I would be a cute couple," I sighed, "it was shocking. I mean you actually went as far as calling gay people fags. What was up with that?"
Kelsie frowned and began twiddling her thumbs.
"I don't know what you are talking about," she muttered.
"Yes you do Kelsie!" I argued, "seriously what's up with you? Ever since the dare you've been distant with Da and I. Does being gay really disgust you that much?"
His eyes widened, "y-you're gay!?"
"I never said that," I sighed, "but the fact remains that, because of your day, Dan and I are now involved in a homosexual relationship. And now you are treating us like scum who deserve to die."
"Phil I'm sorry, but I-I can't talk about this," Kelsie stammered, her eyes glistening.
"Why Kelsie?" I asked, "what are you trying so badly to hide?"
"I-I can't t-talk," she said, tears streaming down her face, "just go."
"But Kelsie-"
"I said go!" She yelled.
I sighed walking out of her flat.
I headed back to my car and thought about what had just happened. Obviously something was bothering her, but what? And why was she so sensitive around gay topics? What was happening to 'be yourself' Kelsie? I groaned as a headache came on. Ignoring the headache, I drove back to Dan and I's flat. Entering the flat I put my keys on the table along with my phone.