Chapter 31 What have i done?

Dan's POV

WARNING!!!
Extremely "girly things" in this chapter.. So if you get awkward with these things.. Don't read... Other wise.. Enjoy

"That, Dan," she frowned, "is a fully functioning female reproductive system."

My eyes went wide. Surely, she was kidding. I mean, how could she be serious? I AM A DUDE! I have a penis! There is no way she found a female reproductive system inside of me. Although, Dan, it does explain all of those symptoms. No! I refuse to believe this. I'm a guy and guys do not have female parts. She must be on drugs. But. Dr. Johanssen is a great doctor. She's never been wrong before. Well, there is a first time for everything. I guess, but. But what!? What if she's right?

"Dan?" She asked, shaking me gently.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want me to point out the 'parts'?" She asked.

I nodded, "yes please."

"Okay," she said, "this is the uterus."

I nodded for her to continue.

"These are the ovaries," she said pointing at the screen, "and these are the fallopian tubes. Now if you look here this is the cervix. Normally below the cervix you would find the vagina, but in your case the cervix stops right where the opening of the vagina should be. As you should hopefully be able to see the walls are lined with a thick layer of blood. It looks as though you are ready to start a rather heavy period. The last few months have probably been in preparation for this month."

"W-where i-is the blood g-going to go?" I stammered.

She sighed, "that's the problem. The blood has no where to go. It would be stuck at the bottom of the cervix and that poses a number of problems. I'm not an expert with these things Dan, but I know you need to get the blood out of there quick. I'm going to go and make a phone call to a friend of mine, Dr. Mcall. She's a specialist with these sort of things. While I make the phone call, you may wait in the waiting room but don't leave. I imagine she'll want you to go and see her as soon as we get off the phone."

"Y-yes m-ma'am," I mumbled, a tear running down my cheek. Gosh, I'm a freak.

"Dan," Dr. Johanssen smiled, "you aren't a freak. Things happen in the uterus sometimes. It's just one of those times. Trust me you aren't the only guy in the world to go through this. You may be one of the few, but certainly not the only one."

"Thanks Dr. Johanssen," I managed a weak smile.

"Of course," she smiled, "now I'm going to go make this call. Here are some tissues to clean yourself up. Then you may get dressed and go into the waiting room."

I nodded and got cleaned up and dressed quickly. Gosh, this sucks! I walked out into the waiting room. All I could think about was how much Phil would hate me if he found out. Oh no! What am I going to tell Phil? I am so screwed. Speaking of Phil, he was sitting in one of the chairs and he smiled as I sat down next to him. His smile faded quickly when he noticed the expression on my face.

"What's wrong love?" He asked, worriedly.

"Dr. Johanssen is calling a specialist. We'll probably have to go there as soon as she gets off the phone."

"Dan," Phil's eyes were tearing up, "please tell me the truth. Are you dying?"

"I wish I was Phil, but no I'm not dying," I muttered.

"Why would you wish you were dying?" He gasped, "What's wrong boobear?"

"I can't tell you around all these people," I mumbled, "I'll tell you on the way to the specialist."

"Okay," Phil agreed, "so long as you tell me."

Just then Dr. Johanssen walked into the room. She held out a piece of paper and I took it from her, my hands shaking.

"Dr. Mcall is waiting for you," she said, "that's the address. It's about a 45 minute drive, but it's crucial that you go. I expect to be kept in the loop about what's happening Dan."

"Of course," Phil said.

We thanked her again and walked out to the car. We got in and Phil started to drive, much to my displeasure. I began twiddling my thumbs, in hopes that Phil would forget about the topic. I really didn't want to tell him I was some sort of freak with girl and guy parts. Sadly, I didn't have much luck today as Phil turned to me and started asking questions.

"Okay," I sighed, "Dr. Johanssen gave me an ultrasound and she found something a bit...unexpected."

"Oh no," Phil said, "you don't have cancer do you Dan?"

"No Phil," I said, "I told you I'm not dying. Now, you have to understand that what I am about to say is going to sound crazy. You most likely will laugh and call me an idiot, but I guarantee you everything I am about to say is the complete truth. If I have to I will call Dr. Johanssen and have her tell you too. I also understand that you might hate me after this. You might find me disgusting and you may never want to be around me again, but please, if that is the case at least drive me to Dr. Mcall's. Then you can leave and we don't ever have to talk again. I'll even move out of the flat if you want."

"Dan," he sighed, "nothing you could ever tell me could make me hate you. I love you more than anything and nothing could change that. Now, what did Dr. Johanssen find on the ultrasound?"

I took a deep breath and said it.

"She found a fully functioning female reproductive system."

I watched Phil's eyes widen and his mouth didn't move. Oh gosh, what have I done?