Chapter 2( hide and seek)

This morning the weather is clear. Everything is clear, except me. I woke up with a hollow deep eyes and dull faces from lack of sleep as opposed to the one who created the mayhem last night. He went back to sleep with ease, the kind that he would die if there was a fire in the house. I barely slept last night, full of fear, but could not force myself back to sleep. What happened to Phop last night still repeats in my head to the point that I couldn't keep still but asked what it was about.

"What happened to you last night?"

"Last night?"

"Yeah, don't make a confused dog face to me. You cried out  so loud that I couldn't sleep. What the hell? "

"I just ... sleep talking" What the fuck!! His answer is probably the most casual thing I have ever heard. I couldn't fall  asleep all night just to hear this kind of reply? He said that he was  sleep talking but I can clearly see that he is lying.

"I don't believe that you're crying out  so loud just because you has a sleep talking habits."

"If you do not believe it, then that's your problem." After he finished speaking, he acted like he would walk away from me so I hurriedly follow him and asked  another question.

"If you really sleep talking, then who is Nat?" Effective!! He stopped and turned back. He came to me with the same face as when I first met him.

"What did you hear? Tell me all of it!!!" He walked back and snatched me and asked me with a harsh tone of voice, as if I were the person who poke at some of his important sore points. He squeezed my arms tightly as though he was someone without consciousness.

"Ouch!! Phop. I'm hurts. Let go. Let me go!!! I didn't fucking hear anything else. I only heard this name " I chose to lie because I thought that if I told him about his personal matters, it would be no different from committing a suicide.

"Don't poke around about me again". He let go of my arm vigorously and walked out to the back of the house. 

Angry.....

I can admit that I was angry with him for doing that to me. I may be wrong to meddle with his personal matters but his reactions to me were too harsh. I didn't know that this  question is like a fire that can detonate an explosion in him. I asked because his condition was more worrisome enough that I couldn't ignore him.

I chose to sit in the same corner as I used to sit  to calm myself before going to eat breakfast. Yesterday, Uncle Kham  brought the fresh items as well as added snacks with it. I chose to pick up the book that I didn't finish reading yesterday and continued to read it. And because of my enjoyment, it made me read for so long that I didn't see how long the time had passed until I heard the door in the kitchen being opened.

Phop came back into the house in the same state as before, being soiled with dirt. He walked past me to clean up his body. So I started to get up to prepare half-breakfast and half-lunch (brunch). While doing it, I can only guess where he could have been. What are you doing? Why is your body so stained? But choosing  not to ask is probably the best answer.

"Phop, this morning for meddling in your matters, I'm really sorry." After finished eating, I chose to reduce my pride, walked toward him to apologize. He is sitting  there thinking quietly. Even though I was angry, the pity I have on him was greater.

"Okay."

"Though, I'm sorry, it doesn't mean that you're not wrong. What you did to me was really rough. If you're not happy with me just tell me." At the end of my speech, he turned his head to look at me, but he didn't have the fierce eyes at all. He's just looking at me. He's looking at me so long that I'm the one who had to turn my eyes away from him.

"I will not meddle with you again, all right?"

I finished telling him and then walked separately away from him to the bookcase. Today is the beginning of my mission with Phop. The first mission that we have to do is "Playing hide and seek at night time".  I opened the contents and found that the  rules of playing this game are like a common hide-and-seek game like we used to play. But in this game, Phop and I have to play only at night and must hide inside the house only. For the other conditions of this show, it allowed me and Phop to negotiate with each other. Under the condition that all the lights in the house must be turned off.