Chapter 6 (Judgment from The Ghosts)

"Ah, here's your equipment. Hold it carefully. The knife is very sharp." Phop handed me the equipment that I needed tonight for the ritual when the time was getting close. 

"You ... will go down stair right away?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There's still 10 minutes left. Accompany to sit with me first." I turned and  begged him who was preparing  to go downstairs to accompany me first. Now I am already waiting in front of the mirror. Phop who was begged by me to stay come and stand beside the antique mirror indicating that he hadn't gone anywhere.

"You know right Phop when peeling the apple, you mustn't break the peel of the apple ."

" How? "

" You have to start peeling and then loop around  the apples continuously. Don't use peeling from top to bottom. "

"Okay ... You are scared, right? "

"Huh? ...Oh yes, I'm scared." Even though  I had made myself strong before but as the time was getting closer, my fear had not decreased at all. It was getting more intense as the time is approaching. My self-consciousness grew endlessly. Something tell me that I would surely meet IT tonight. Only I don't know in what way, it would appear. This antique mirror would not only show my soulmate if what the rituals were true according to those stories.

"Do as we had agree. You don't have to think too much. "

"Okay, I'll try. "

" Then, I'm going down. Would you like me  to turn off the lights in the room? "

" Ok, turn it all off, but don't close the door. "

" Alright ." After the conversation end, the light in the room was turned off by him. But still not as dark because the light from downstair still glowed a bit. Now I quickly brought the candle that I had prepare and light it up ; placed it in front of the mirror. I prepared the apples and knives and  placed it beside the mirror while looking at my own reflection in the mirror, showing a nervous person.

That mirror reflected the image of a man with only sweat flowing. Moreover, the eyebrows on the forehead were tied together into a knot without him knowing it. I had to inhale deeply into the lungs and summon the courage to  easily pass this game. Believe in the words of Phop that he would come help me immediately if I was in a bad situation. Not only that, the image that reflected in the mirror on my back also showed that  the door was opened. And also the stairway that was showed  up on the opposite side of that place became a haunting picture to the next level.

"Mew! I'm going to begin the game ok?." Phop  shouted, saying that he was going to turn off the lights below and start this game.

"OK, start it. I'm ready." The confident tone was answered back to be heard instead of speaking in a shy tone. I don't want him to be worried. I'm also afraid  that this game would not end if he  had to sit and watch me while also playing the game. Despite that my hand that pick up the knife and the apples were shaking to the point that they were not even able to peel the apples.

Pruttt....

lights are all turned off ...

Right now, only me and candle light are left in this room. When looking through  the mirror I saw that down stair was not completely dark. The light of the candle that Phop lit was still working. The shadow of Phop that appears was the only thing that still gives me peace of mind.

"Phop ! I'm  going to  peel the apples now ok?." I shouted  to him  to encourage myself.

"Hey, are you still not peeling? Do you want to play till  5 am to the morning ? " His irritated voice was immediately heard back. That voice relieved me a lot and  the hand that shakes began to stop.

"Bastard, let me at least prepare myself. Go ahead and peel. Be careful not to cut yourself!"

"Okay, you too. Be careful not to get cut by the knife!" Just that one sentence from him caused a light smile on my face. The concern that he sent me made my heart feel like a good protection and making me feel safe. Even if he does't even know it.

"Damn it, why is my face  so red?" I complained to myself after looking up. The reflection that I now see was not a man whose face was full of any paranoia or fear. Those images were replaced by the image of a man smiling happily with the little things that another man made. But I could not think for long because my  brain quickly ordered to flick those thought right  away. The reason was  that I'm starting to be scared that my heart is going to be shaken by the other man.