Chapter 9( Tales of the Dead )

"Fellas, *Uncle heard that you guys caused another problem?" Uncle Kham walked over to talk to us. He came to arrange things in the refrigerator and brought more equipment that we would need to play the game tonight.                                                                                                                                        *( In Thai most people will use their honorific or their own names to state themselves instead of using I.)

"Oh. The news traveled fast."

"How wouldn't it be traveling fast? You destroyed the game's belongings. Viewers from all over Thailand have seen it already!!!"

"Is that your belonging? I really am sorry about that Uncle." Phop suddenly blurted out guiltily. Whether it is me or Phop , Uncle Kham and Uncle Mun are two people that we felt quite respectful toward them because both of them have come to this house to help us while the others tend to hurt us. Especially Uncle Kham, whose violated the rules of the game to warn us about our safety.

"Hey, those are not my stuffs. It belongs to the  game manager."  The joking voice of Uncle Kham made Phop who felt depressed, became lighter. This caused the flows of the conversation getting better and full of genuine feelings.

"Is that so? Uncle, do you know who the game manager is?" Phop asked. 

"Uncle do not know who the game manager is. Uncle received orders from the staff members of the game."

" Don't you think this game is so mysterious?"

"You're probably right. Uncle can't say too much or I'll get fired."

"Never mind, Uncle." Phop nodded to Uncle to show he understood. Then he got quiet like  an introvert that he is and think deeply on his own.

"What did you bring more for us today?"

"Oh, all of the fresh stuff, food, stuff you like and also a tape player. The staffs told  me to tell you guys that while playing the game tonight, played that tape too. Uncle had set up everything already. You guys just click to play. "

"Uncle, while I play this game, can I perform other ceremonies?"

"What  do you want to do?" Uncle Kham's eyebrows immediately curled down. Along with the sound that changed in a serious way until the I could feel the tension.

"Um ... I will invite spirits in. Seeing that our couple is a trending right now, I want to create more scariness to the game."

"If you want to do something, do it. The game doesn't prohibit it.  but Uncle wants to warn you guys, Don't try to challenge these things a lot. It will be dangerous. "

"That part ... I know it well." I answered Uncle Kham with a faint voice.  The word 'danger' had been in my head since I was thinking of doing the extra ceremonies. The horror that I had to face in all three games didn't make me stronger. On the contrary, it makes me much more weaker.

"Can Uncle take me to see that cassette player?"

"Uncle kept it in the drawer. Do any of you know how to use it? Do you want Uncle show you how to use it? "

"Then can you  please teach me? I am not a tech-savvy person. " I accepted Uncle Kham help and  followed him to the cabinet with drawers. Phop was confused and about to say something , but then he saw my signal for him to be quiet.

"When you pick up the cassette player, you just plug it in and then press the button here to keep playing.  It will cycle itself. When you finish playing the game, press this button to stop it. That's all, it's not that difficult. "

"Wow, it is not really that difficult . Uncle, you looked very skilled with it. "

"Uncle often listens from the cassette player when being  bored at home. I have to find something to do when I'm bored. "

"And do you live around here, Uncle?"

"Not really. Uncle drives to come here from Uncle's house. But not too far. Why? "

"Oh nothing ? I have been here for five days now. I still don't know where this place is. I think that in Bangkok there shouldn't be an environment like this. "

"Hahaha, how will that be? This is not Bangkok. This is the *Nakhon Sawan area. "                               *( Another province in Thailand.)

"Oh, I knew it that this place will be in another province. Then uncle,  do you know the family that got killed in this house?"