Chapter 16 *( PongPang)

*"Pong Pang is a game that played by Thai children in the olden days. In modern days, it is not popular among the children anymore due to a large number of technology that interrupting the way Thai kids played games nowadays. In order to preserve this game, both contestants must bring back the way of how to play PongPang and the whole things will be broadcasted to the audiences to see it again, in the form of a ghost hunting challenge ... "

"It is done Phop. This book only described this much. The rest is just a way of how to play this game." I read the definitions for the Pong Pang game that we were going to play tonight according to what was written in the book. I answered what Phop was wondering about  because ten minutes ago I had told him what we were supposed to play tonight.

"I still don't understand. Just by playing PongPang , how is that going to make us see the ghosts?"

"Don't just look at the definition of the game, Phop. In this game, you have to look at other components too."

"Like what?"

"The method of playing."

"And what do we ... have to do?"

"According to what I read from the book, it suggested that in this game, the number of players are not limited. You will have to decide who want to get blindfolded ( He has to be the one finding) and who is the one to hide. Once both of us agreed, we must began to recite a PongPang playing poem. The one who is being PongPang will have to find the person that is hiding and guess it correctly who was the one that was hiding, after reciting the poem."

"This will be easy then. There's only you and me here, we could switch playing the role of PongPang easily."

"No ...Phop ... look, you and me haven't just entered this game. Both of us been in this games for one whole week already. Don't forget that the program will let only the two of us played this game." I shook my head a little at Phop and smiling faintly at him, eyes trembling like a person who is trying to suppress their own emotions.

"And who else is going to play with us?" Phop made a confused face as if he was a person who just entered this game.

"Your question is exactly, why in the game tonight ... We must invite spirits. "

As the days goes by, this program seemed more like a comedy show each days. Before joining the game, what every contestants need to know was that anyone who was interested to join the program must challenge the spirits that died in this house. In the previous years, it had always been going on like that every year. This year though, the longer you stayed, the main focus of the game kept changing.  The game was deviating everything away from this house. The game had us invite some spirits in the beginning. Then told us to challenge an evil spirit to come back. These were so different from the agreement we had with the game in the beginning. Everything that had happened, caused some kind of suspicious feeling in my heart which reminded me the important things I had observed for a long time. I was unable to tell Phop this observations due to unconfirmed facts.  In this house, the program is deceiving us greatly. Everything that we had learned before were lies. This house never had ghosts or evil spirits or if I had to expand more to make it understandable is that 

.... This house has never had dead people in the first place....

"Again, right?"

"Yeah. Phop....can I ask you something?" I nodded to reinforce the truth to Phop again. Then I called him to ask a question that he had once ignored me before.

"Say it."

" Do you remembered the question I ask you regarding a new home and a renovated home before?"

" Yeah, I remembered it. Anything wrong with it?" Phop thought for awhile first before he asked me back with a voice weaker than before.

"Phop, I am not going to force you to believe me but can I ask you to just once believed what my gut feeling is telling me. You can't ask me for the evidence because as I told you before, I don't have any conclusive evidence. No need to find other arguments because what I have encountered has told me everything already, Phop."

"What is it about?"

"This house is a newly built house. There never been dead bodies in it in the first place. More importantly, if there is ghosts or evil spirits, I should see it already, Phop. I should had seen it without having to invite them. I should see it without having dead people belongings in this house. I should be able..... to see someone who is trying to live together with us." I said everything while staring at Phop's face.  I hope that he would be able to follow along my thought without having to respond back to me with bad words.

"Is this all there is you have to say?" Phop stared back at me for a long time and began to speak in a plain voice. I can't guess his emotions.