Chapter 8( Be Shaken)

I admit like a man that I am very angry. Being used as a victim, no one wants to be. But people like me can never be  angry with Phop for long.  Just because of the story that coming out of his mouth. He had been in a very bad situation and he must be caught up in his own guilty conscience a lot.  Even when I listened to his story, I never even thought that he was in the  wrong for not able to take care of his sister at that time.

"See, the things that you want to hear? I've told you before that you don't need to thank an asshole like me .... " His sarcastic words that came out can't hide the feeling he wanted to convey. He is feeling guilty. He is cursing at himself. Although I never thought that he was a bad person. The situation forced him to be selfish. If I were him I would do the same.

"There are no bad guys in the world who is sitting down and curse himself like this. I admit that I'm angry with you for treating me like this. But what can I gain by being angry? What will I get if I back out of the game? Even if I get out, I still have to see ghosts like this . So stop blaming yourself. " I turned to console him. When I saw his condition, I can't keep getting mad at him. He looked so weak that it's doesn't look  like the same Phop that I knew.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it.  I am really out of options." He looked down and said an apology to me.

"Bastard!!! Who taught you that when you say sorry, you look down? Look at my face when you apologize. Don't act weak. Didn't you say you'll protect me?!!." I lifted his  face so he could look into my eyes.

"Listen to me. I forgive you about everything. But from now on, don't just keep this kind of thing alone. If there's a need to say something, say it." He nodded in response to my wishes  and we sat quietly like that. Each person must hurry to get all the bad feelings away because I already knew that playing the games from now on would not be only challenging the ghost. It will get more hard.

"Mew, why don't you quit the game? I am afraid you will become  like my little sister. " His tone that asked me was full of curiosity and worried for me. He asked me so suddenly.

"Then lift your head and listen to me. Look at my mouth clearly." I held  his face to look at me  again and listen. Why was he kept looking down? or did he feel guilty when he mentioned about his sister?

"Listen, Do you know when you are by yourself, you are not being careful at all? I agree to still be on this program because I know that you'll  try to go outside again. You are searching for some truth outside, right? If you go out for a long time and there's no one in the house, don't you think the program will wonder where you disappear to? At least If I'm still in the program I can lie that you still sleeping upstairs. Even if the camera can catch you walking away, believe me I can lie better than speaking the truth."

"And how do you know that I went out to look for something? "

"From what you told me, Phop. You went out to Uncle Mun's house and to observe the game manager. By looking at your face I can also tell that you had a suspicion and you are looking for the truth to support  that thought.  And another thing..."

"Another thing? what"

"When I peeled that apple in front of that mirror, speaking of that don't be disgusted. I didn't mean to see something like that. I saw your image in the mirror. You are walking in the forest stealthily and always seem to look for something. Your clothes are dirty from doing that right?"

"Yeah ...It is  as you said." He  responded to me in a hurry before immediately dodging my eyes.

"Phop, regardless of what truth you are looking for, I have something to tell you. Please try to believe me one more time. "

"Believe you?About what?"

"You're going the wrong way." He remained silent after I finished. His posture was like he was processing the image in the head and trying to think where he was going  and how did I know that the path he was going was not the right path.

"How do you know?"

"As I said, I see you walking in the mirror. I'm not just seeing you but I can also see the forest around you. There's something telling me...either a  premonition or spirits, It tell me that the way you must go is not the path you are going right now. You need to follow the way that you neglected the most."