Chapter 22 ( Last temple )

The Images of the truth transformed into images of dreams.

This morning I woke up with a terrified fear. The faces of the dead last night still circled under my eyelids. It hypnotized  me to see only terrifying images over and over again, until the inside of my heart felt frightened and gloomy. Even though, the dream world actually forced me to leave the painful truth outside of my bedroom, but in the end the spirit didn't let me happily tried to deceive myself the situation I encountered.

That doll that I left  behind downstair...Why does it lay in heap in front of my door?

The loud noisy and leisurely noise outside the house at this time could not make me take my eyes off the baby doll on my hand. My trembling eyes reflected only the events of last night, as though I never shed those images away. The incident then caused a deep wound and torment to my mind. In the end, what I saw and realized last night  didn't just end with the spirits forcing to open my eyelids,

The mysterious spirit of another person has come to be a part of this eyes sight of death.

The last memory that I remembered was, I was forced to look at the spirit last night. My eyes met the spirit of a little boy, whose body was covered with mud. The neck is twisted like its bone was being broken and he was staring at me. His mouth kept calling me the mother despite my dissatisfaction, but without the right to refuse I am the person who fulfills the needs of this child.

The spirit of that child was not able to play with me for long when the sound of the footsteps walking down the stairs rang out among the music of the lullaby on the chorus verse that made my eardrums rang.  I was lying still there because I could not move anywhere. Therefore, the only thing that can move is these deadly eyes. My focal point shone brightly on a pair of shoes that had walked towards me in my head direction and  with the loud sound of a young man, it chased away the spirit of the child to get out of this house.

My eyes couldn't see clearly the face of the man because it has hidden in the dark. The uncomfortable feeling that I had, began to fade away. I can feel that the spirit of that man must had done something. That shocking feeling I felt from the child step away from me with every moments. And ultimately, when everything became relaxed, the faint whispering voice of the man floated in the air and told me to hurry up the bedroom as fast as possible. 

I didn't hesitate to followed his order even though I wanted to know the spirit of that man very much. But the manner of the movement under the darkness where the big man and the little boy who struggle to fight fiercely, letting me know that I don't have the the opportunity to leave my tired breath here anymore.

I rushed to grab the net away from Phop who looked at me in suspicion and kept on asking about the timing of the game, without knowing the fate of the both of us. I rushed up the stairs ahead of  Phop and then closed the door. I told Phop to go to sleep without asking me any questions or questioned my actions because not long after that the silence that needed for our sleep was disturbed by the knocking of the door by a little boy along with shouting for the parents with an angry scream and resentful voice.

The curiosity about last night brought me back to analyze the baby doll with a smiling face again.

I flipped left and right the doll on my hands, at the same time Phop looked away from his focus point of the noisy workers below and turned to stare at the same focal point as me. That doll was actually hiding a small zip-lock under the tiny pants the manufacturer put it in. Phop and I looked looked at each other with disbelief. Then we decided to open the zipper with  trembling hand to discover the truth that deceived us all night.

Inside that little was was hidden a statue of a little boy made from clay. Its legs are decorated with gold, similar to an ankles bracelets. And most importantly, its neck is still loose, similar to being hit by some force, breaking the neck until there is no good piece left.

And this may be the real reason why the baby cradle and dolls arrived later than the tape players and the large mosquito nets.

"Mew ... what happened last night?" When Phop saw the clay statue of a little boy, he asked in a stressed voice which was the same on his face as well.

"Last night, I saw the spirit of a little boy. He called me mommy while calling you daddy. He tried to call you out to play with him for a long time. But you probably couldn't feel it. So his final goal changed to me. And when I lost to my own thoughts,  It was not strange that I was forced to see the  spirits in close range. " I complained, leaving the feeling of being uncomfortable and being pathetic in my chest. Even though I was scared, even tortured, when I chose to respond to the call of that spirit, it was not strange for it to greet me back.

"And how did you escape from it?" Phop asked me back with the look that changed. He looked shaken and out of focus as if he was trying to hide something.