Chapter 18( Feed the ghosts )

Fragrant...

The light fragrance of basil leaves when being heated, floated through the nose of two young men who were immersed in cooking in the kitchen. One person was busy making a special menu for two people and arranging three to four small plates. The other person was sitting and scooping the steamy hot rice out of the pot after the rice was cooked and smoldering in the pot for awhile.

The time when the sun setting is a dreamy evening for most people outside of this game. The works, combined with the tension in our life could bring a small happiness that occurred when we get to eat our delicious food or  just by being able to smell the food, all the exhaustion that accumulated could almost fade away.

But that is probably not for the two young men.

The face that showed dissatisfaction about the up coming  dilemma happened after the 8th book was opened. The text inside the book caused their happiness regarding their meal to  collapse in the blink of an eye because this meal they were having right now was not their last meal for the day. At 23.55 time, both of them would have to prepare to bring out the foods and wait for the guests who were getting invited to celebrate the new day by calling them through hitting the chopsticks.

"Mew, do you want a fried egg too? That way, I can fried some extra for you." The voice of Phop interrupted my distant thoughts.

"Huh? Erm,  yeah, I want one. If there is a fried pork basil, it should come with half-fried egg with it too. Otherwise, that would be so old-fashioned."

"Why not? The first meal I had in this house was pork basil with fried egg. I didn't see any half- fried egg with it at all."

"Oh, wow, you bastard!! Isn't there egg in it too?...by the way, you could still remember what food I made for you? Even I myself can't even remember it if you didn't mention."

"Why wouldn't I not remember? The taste like even a dog won't eat."

"What??? You bastard. If you speak this way, you don't have to come beg me to make you food again. Please make it yourself."

"Heh heh. I'm just kidding. I just don't want you to get stressed .... the food that you made, why wouldn't I be able to remember? There's only two of us in here."

"Don't say that only I am stressed. Even you can't laugh soundly."

"Hmm? I am this way since a long time a go."

"No, you're not. The time when you still worried about your sister, you didn't seem to be like this. This time...you look more anxious. Is there anything wrong?"

"Don't let me mention it. Otherwise, I'll be too angry to eat."

After Phop refusing to continue the conversation, we both hurriedly arranged the rice plates and sat down to eat quietly in front of the table. There was no one picking up the utensils on the plate despite both of us were so hungry. The question that asked by me had passed through my brain already that I wanted to ease some of Phop's feelings, the same way he always tried to carry my stress away to him. It looked like he still did not understand my intentions as he raised his eyebrows up when he saw me sighing a few times. Then I shook my head and started to eat my food. 

This is another unfixable habit of Phop. The habits that won't open to tell his feelings first if the conversation partner doesn't  start to reveal their own feelings first.  In the past, it seemed like his feelings was betrayed by a very trusted person and his feelings was being completely destroyed to pieces. So Phop was not brave enough to say anything, even though his heart was suffering so much. When I saw that even if I forced to get out his feelings, he wouldn't utter it, I would just let the time do its work and I stopped getting his feeling out because there was an important thought of my own. 

"You're full right, Phop?" I opened my mouth to ask after all the dishes on the table were washed.

"Yeah, I am full. Is there anything wrong?"

"Can you tell me yet? What are you worried about? "

"You don't need to know. It's nothing important."

"Sigh. You are always like this. Then I will tell you my story first."