Chapter 2

Characters are not mine, rights to owner.

It had been a while now, almost a month, and they continue to force the new names onto us saying things like "Teresa was able to adjust to her new name why not you two". They'd only call us by those names and every night me and Stephen would repeat one anothers names to each other.One day, I was awoken this time because of Stephen and I rubbed my eyes as they become more adjusted to the light.

"What is it Stephen?"

"I don't know but I just been repeating my name in my head so many times lately, what if they can take away our names."

"I hope they can't."

Suddenly the door opens and we see a guy standing there with such an unpleasant look on his face as he tells us to follow him. We do as he says, because he looks so intimidating that I wouldn't want to know what he would do if I didn't. He takes us into separate rooms once again and a doctor tells me what it is that is happening.

You and Thomas are two most stubborn children. You can't accept your names after a month and every other kid has already."

"Well I don't want to forget my name."

"I'll give you credit for loyalty but I think now that has to change because there is a bright hope for you and your brother from the tests you guys took a month ago and we cannot go any further until you accept."

"You can't make me."

"I'm sorry you made it come to this."

I was trapped to the chair as I struggled and without me noticing a syringe was put into my neck and the fluid was beginning to flow in my bloodstream and the world became dizzy and I fell unconscious. I open my eyes again and I see that doctor and I remember what happened and I did not want to go through that again.

"What's your name?"

"Y/n, it's Y/n."

"Good now don't forget it."

"Okay."

"You can leave now."

I left and met up with my brother and we hugged and told each other the same experience we just gone through and how we did not want to forget our name and so we told each other to remind each other of our names every night from here on out, and so we did. I would tell him his name was Thomas and he would tell me my name was Y/n. The next day and for a year they would put me inside a simulation that was school. It taught me everything I needed to know in the school, such as math, english, chemistry, and how the earth came to be this way. They would also test us on our skills at memory and how good we are at thinking outside of the box. Me and Thomas were both really good at that but I was also really good at chemistry and I was starting to get recommended to be a doctor by our teacher. Me and Thomas told each other everything and helped each other out constantly. Suddenly though one day a woman came to the door instead of the intimidating looking man and we were happy.

"Hello Y/n, Thomas. I'm Ava and today is going to be a little different. Please follow me."-Ava

"What are we going to be doing today."

"Don't worry but we will have to separate you two for this."

For some reason Ava's voice was so gentle, so soft it was comforting and I liked it, she was someone I believed I could trust. Me and Thomas let go of each other's hand and one guard and Ava left with me as Thomas left with the other guard.

"Ava," she looks down at me. "What are we doing?"

"Both you and Thomas are interesting but you both are different at the same time. We believe if done correctly you two will help humanity in a great way."