Chapter 6

Dreams such as this don't last that long, much to my frustration as I wake up confused and the doctors looking at me concerned as I had seemed to fall from my chair.

"Where am I?"

I forgot that half the day has already passed by and thought that I was still in bed. The doctors picked me up and took me to get checked out, worried that I could be having amnesia as the worst-case scenario.

I honestly don't even remember what I have done in the past few hours but I let them do what they want because my anxiety and stress still hung from my shoulders and I was sad that my utopian society is nothing but a myth. I suddenly hear Newt's voice in my head.

"Y/n is everything okay I felt you in pain."

Newt! I continued to scream in my head his name, hoping that one of them would get to him. I always do this when I am scared, in pain, or stressed. I'll just say his name over and over again hoping, wanting, just one to get to him. For him to understand what I feel just by saying his name, but he doesn't get, he never gets it.

I couldn't help but cry as the doctors ask me questions when they couldn't get answers out of me they turned to new alternatives. I couldn't talk right now through the loud crying and me screaming Newt in my head.

Ava comes into the room another worried expression on her face. She tells something to the doctors who then go out of the room. She doesn't speak she just lets me cry it all out and sits in a chair across from me. I continue to cry out for Newt and soon enough I felt like something inside me clicks and I felt like Newt can finally hear what it is I am saying and feeling. I continued to cry out for him though thinking it could just be me hoping but the most wonderful thing was said to me today.

"Y/n, I can hear you. What's wrong tell me?"-Newt

My breath quivers and Ava smiles as she soon leaves the room and I make the connections. She helped me out to calm me down.

"Newt?"

I say as I start to breathe again. My tears stop falling down my face and I seem to be calming down.

"You can hear me?"

"Yes, I can hear you."-Newt

I could feel him smiling and it made me smile. I felt him lose his smile and become serious though and that made me have a weird feeling in my chest again.

"What's wrong?"

I felt like I couldn't breathe and that was probably because my breath hitched. I felt the emotions that I have been holding back for a long time and I just wanted to tell him so I asked him a simple question.

"Can I see you today?"

"Of course!"

"Meet me in my room later okay."

I felt him nod in agreement and I went on my day normally. I was distant and wary of my surroundings as if I would be jumped. I felt very sensitive today, probably because I'm about to do something I shouldn't do, I'm about to say things that I shouldn't say. I'm about to become WICKED's enemy. I was scared out of my mind but my demeanor was calm and collected. I walk into my room and go to the bathroom. I look around hoping that they didn't put anything in here to hear conversations. I checked thoroughly as I turned the shower on so they couldn't hear or suspect me doing anything suspicious. I turn the shower off when I heard Newt knocking on the door. I go out with new clothes and wet hair so the cameras in our room could think I took a shower. I open the door and see Newt alone, I ushered him in and he then went to the middle of the room. I close the door gently for some reason and then turn to look at him. He looks at me concerned and worried. I felt reassured to tell him after I looked at him.

"I need to dry my hair so can we go to the bathroom?"

"Of course."-Newt

We go into the bathroom where I then turn the hairdryer on, except on low so Newt can hear me, and then I turn to look at Newt.

"Do you really want to hear what I have to say?"

"Y/n I'm worried about you."-Newt

"I'm about to say things that no one but you can know. My words can make me an enemy of WICKED and you knowing this will also put you at risk. Do you want to take those chances." I say scared and looking at the ground.

Newt grabs my hands and I look up at him. He pulls me into a hug and tells me to tell him everything. I sigh happily to know I didn't scare him.

"Newt, I want to get out of here. I want to escape but I can't. I want to find a safe place where all of us can stay but I won't be able to because I'm stuck here. I know too much now and fear waking up every day and what it will be like in the future, when, when..." At this point, I started crying.

"When, what?" Newt presses.

What do I do, do I tell Newt that he won't remember me. If I tell him I risk being found out and if I don't tell him then I will feel terrible. I was saved by my brother, who walks in and looks at us both. My hair was air dried so I turned off the dryer.

"What are you guys doing?"-Thomas

"Talking."

"Well, um, can I use the bathroom?"-Thomas

"Yeah."

Newt and I shuffle out and we stood in silence.

"Don't worry, for now, I'll be fine and maybe one day... no, someday I'll be reassured."

I was vague with what I said so the listening devices wouldn't be suspicious of me and think I'm talking about a cure. Newt understood though and nodded at me ready to leave. Suddenly I ran towards him giving him an awkward side hug and a kiss on the cheek. Newt immediately looks away, his hair hiding his face. I smile and let him go as he gives me a small glance before he leaves.