Chapter 8

A couple of months passed since December it's now February. Me and my brother's hands have healed, we are back to work again as well. The two months we were given for our hands to heal, we had spent telling us our thoughts, and becoming siblings again. Our twin telepathy, as we called it was stronger than it was before too. We understand each other more than we did before. Ava Paige even said that once Thomas and Teresa figure out about their telepathic abilities that she would give it to me and Thomas as well, as I'm sorry gift.

The job that I have has been silent though. They have given me nothing to do. I asked Ava and she says that I can just make whatever I want because I have surpassed their expectations since they thought it would take me a whole lot longer than it did to create both the antidote and simpler version of the Flare.

With that information, I sat on my desk doing nothing. Then I had an idea, I took some of my blood and created the antidote. I looked at the blue serum and quickly put it inside of a sealed vial that needs a key that would be around my neck to open. This antidote should kill the Flare itself since it is from my blood and because of that, it should be protected. I will keep it around me for as long as I know.

"Y/n?"-Newt

I hear Newt talking to me in my head. I quickly respond, happy to hear his voice.

"I'm here." My voice sounded joyful.

"It's been a while since I have seen you, can you come to lunch with us?"-Newt

"Sure."

"Ok meet me in front of the lunchroom."-Newt

"See you soon."

I get up heading towards the lunchroom, it took a while since this building is huge. I soon get there and see Newt there as promised. I jump in front of him happy to see his face. I see Minho and Alby inside talking as they stare at us giggling. Newt was red so I knew almost immediately something was up.

"Did Minho put you up to something?"

"What no, of course not."-Newt

"Really, then what's going on, why they laughing at us?"

"Because I told them of my plan."-Newt

"What plan?"

"My parents, they always told me to keep the one you love close to you. Valentine's was always a special day for my family because we didn't see it as a day just for couples. I remember that much from them. This time though I want to spend it with you."-Newt

"That's super cringy of you to say, but..." Newt looked up at me as he said all of that to the floor. "But I would love to spend today with you."

Newt smiled and I heard Minho laughing. I look at Minho and his laughter made me laugh myself. Newt grabbed my hand after a little while and pulled me towards the lunchroom. This is going to be the first time that everyone else in the room will finally see one of the special kids they have been told about. I felt people staring and got a little embarrassed, Newt was red too. We sit down with Minho and Alby and Minho was the first to speak.

"Wow, Y/n accepted your cringy request."-Minho

"Minho leave Newt and Y/n alone."-Alby

"Why? They sat at this table so I can talk to them."-Minho

"Minho is just jealous."

"Why would I be jealous of you and Newt."-Minho

"Because Newt has someone who loves him and you don't."

"Hey! That's not true, I'm your best friend. So you love me and that is a position Newt can't take from me."-Minho

"You are weird Minho."

"You both are weird."-Alby

"Hey!"-Minho

"That's not true."

"Don't worry Minho you can be her best friend. I won't take that position." Newt laughed at me and Minho being silly.

I have seen Minho more often than I have seen Newt in the flesh and I believe I have been gaining some characteristics of Minho. Me and Newt were soon alone in the lunchroom as when everyone was called to leave the guards let him stay with me. We were silent for a little while until I spoke up.

"If we could go anywhere in the world, where would you want to go to?"

"I've always wanted to go to the beach and, I don't know, meet other people with British accents?"

"Anyone can have a British accent." I say in my best British accent, he laughs at my try though.

"What about you?"

I never really thought about that, which is ironic seeing as I have asked the question.

"I don't really know to be honest. In fact, now that I think about it I never think about the future. I'm kind of stuck in the present I guess. I guess I'll just follow you."

I smile at Newt who smiles back. I enjoy the moments we live in now and Newt does too but also plans his life ahead, with me there next to him. I was happy as can be and my mind began to wander and thoughts appeared in my head as I stared at Newt's brown eyes.

I began thinking about how I really wish me, Newt, Minho, Alby, and Thomas could all live a normal, happy life. I want to escape here with them all but I can't, no unless I hurt people and I don't want that weighing down on me. I grab Newt's hand and lean in to give him a quick kiss on the cheek before a guard came telling us that Newt had to go.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Newt must go back he has to do his tests."-guard

"I guess this is goodbye then."

"Yeah, I guess so."-Newt

"Thank you Newt for today, I enjoyed every bit of it."

"Me too."

Newt leaves and I'm now alone in the lunchroom. Reality comes back to me and my mind thinks of the sad future ahead of me.

I look at the empty tables and remember the whole conversation we had.

"Is this what it's going to be like in the future. Me with all these happy memories but no one here to share them with or to make more."

I lean on the table and nestle my head into my crossed arms. I stare at the wall for a little while until my thoughts drift me to sleep.