~Eleven~

~Jade~

My stupid self was just too compassionate for my liking. Because Saheed was curious to know why Uthman and his Dad were so off with each other, Dad finally told us that since his mom died, his father had changed and he has never truly gotten over the death making him something sort of a horrible father to his kids. My subconscious started feeling sorry for him then. It was that stupid subconsciousness that made me open my mouth on Monday morning to greet him. We bumped into each other in front of our class and 'Good Morning' was out of my mouth before I could even think twice. Now, I'm mad. I swear. The guy in question just looked at me as if I've grown two heads before he mouthed good morning and walked away. My classmates were talking about Michelle's party when I entered.

"The party was crazily interesting. We all had a very good time."

"Ehn na. The people that missed those parties don't even know what they missed."

That was Amina, the most stupid girl in the history of Lakeview. Four girls entered the classroom at once, Fola, Fade, Mariam, and Janet. They call themselves the fantastic four. They're always everywhere though. They think they're the most popular girls group in the school and the class beauties headlined by Amina, Michelle, Shola and Salawa was always competing with them for that. We have other two groups among the girls of Lakeview of our set, the fabulous five and the P4, Pelumi, Pero, Paul and Paulina, Paulina and Paul are a couple of the school, they've been together since SS1. I don't even understand this group thingy at all but my mates have been obsessed with it since our junior secondary school days. Michelle even suggested we coin a name for the three of us while we were still together until she ran off to join the classic beauties in SS1 when one of them stopped coming to our school. The whole school calls Hana and I 5&6, even our teachers too. The fantastic four walked over to my seat and the gang leader, Fola, flashed a perfect smile. She ended up inviting me to a party and I knew it was only because she wanted to throw a party bigger than Michelle's. My best friend shushed into the class, her heels clicking on the tiled floor. I looked at her and laughed.

"What's with the new shoes?"

"It's for success. We're starting our exams soon. Our last school exam before our mock exam. I need a good fortune."

I shook my head while laughing. "I never knew you were this superstitious."

She rolled her eyes just as the bell rang for morning devotion. Hours later, I found myself sitting in the craziest circle ever. For reasons unknown, the cafeteria was filled up and here we are, sitting with Uthman, Danielle, and Michelle who was glued to Uthman like gum. Akin and Hana were eating comfortably but I couldn't because Michelle keeps shooting daggers at me, that did not bother me but Uthman did not even touch the food in front of him, he kept staring at me. I was afraid of even chewing, not to talk of swallowing in case the food goes the wrong way.

"Uthman, hope no problem. You've been staring at me since I got here."

Everybody at the table paused to look at us, Michelle eyed me scornfully.

"I can say the same for you.'" He folded his arms over his chest. "you've been staring at my face since you got here."

Aah. This dude must be stupid. Your face ko, your face ni. I hissed and pick up my spoon. I lifted the spoon and saw him still staring at me almost quizzically. I swallowed my food.

"What now? Do you have anything to say to me or something?" 

I asked. The whole table fell quiet but I heard Michelle say "What the hell is wrong with this bitch?" under her breath

"I was about to ask you that' He replied and I groaned.

"Well, I don't have anything to say to you. Now stop staring at me and let me eat in peace."