~Thirty Four~

Dedicated to ashamufolashewa and mubbykee   I hope you guys won't beat me up since this chapter should be long enough.

                                ~Jade~

I stared at the messages, thinking of what to type, what to say. I couldn't even think of anything.

'I'm fine now.'

I finally replied. I started typing 'I miss you too' but I deleted it, my inner voice whispering 'Jade, don't you think that is cheesy?'

Uthman: oh that's good to hear. Was it Malaria?

Me: not really.

I lingered for a while, wondering if I should tell him, I don't know why but it kinda feels safe now, talking to Uthman. Does that come with love?

Me: not really, there is some stuff going on at home and it's kind of taking a toll on me.'

He replied almost immediately.

'oh, I hope you are fine now?'

'yeah'

'Are you coming to school tomorrow?'

'Yeap'

If I was not planning on going before, I decided the minute I saw your message.

'Alright. See you tomorrow'

I stared at the message, thinking to myself 'I can't wait to see you.'

I went to sleep with a smile on my face, woke up with a smile on my face, had my bathe with a smile, dressed up with a smile, I smiled all through breakfast with mom, Saheed, and Hana looking at me as if I was going mad, I know what they must be thinking, they must be thinking that I'm going nut because of Zee. Well, I keep repressing Zee's memories, I'll just pretend that she is in school.

'Did you win a lottery in your dream?'

Hana finally asked when we were on our way to school.

'yeap' I replied, still smiling.

She frowned at me and grabbed my hand.

'Are you sure you're okay?'

'Of course, don't worry about me. I'm totally fine

She was still holding my hands when we got to school. I did not feel the need to shrug her hands off. I was increasingly becoming a fan of holding hands these days though it's not Hana's hands.

'Hey babe, I missed you

Akin said as soon as he saw me, pulling me into a hug. I threw my hands around his neck.

'Hey, I don't think I missed you that much.'

'Ehn ehn. It has come to this' He replied pulling back. I smiled.

'Come on, you know that's a joke'

He folded his hands on his chest, staring at me intently.

'You okay?'

I nodded.

'Are you sure?'

'Oh come on Jade, it's me and Hana, you don't have to pretend with us. We know you are not fine. Stop acting all tough.'