~Forty Four~

A/n Don't skip the announcement after this chapter.

#unedited.

                              ~Jade~

'I think it has always been long buried emotions and feelings because the memories of when I did not feel like this are blurred. I can't remember.'

I smiled sheepishly at the message. It was sent around 6am. Talk about waking up to a love message. I thought this only happens to American teenagers or older Nigerians but definitely not to a sixteen year old me.

'Won ti n tan, abi?' (They are already fooling you, right?'

I looked up at my brother's voice. He was standing at the foot of the stairs and he was looking at me. I mentally rolled my eyes as I descended the stairs.

'Why does it have to be that someone is fooling me? Can't it be the other way round?'

I asked as I finally got to the bottom of the stairs. Fatima and my brother's fiancee, Aunty Fatima were both setting the table in the dinning room. I guess they clicked because they were namesake Mom was not at home.

'It can't oo. We both know if a girl your age is dating a guy, it's always the guy fooling her.'

We were all by now seated at the table and were eating the food prepared by Aunty Fatima. I really like her. She is so unlike all his ex girlfriends. Most of them dated him because he is the son of a big man, he is the heir to a very big hospital, he is this, he is that especially one particular one, Aminah. Even Zee hated that one and despite our vehement warnings, my brother was blind to all her faults until she stole his ATM, withdrew all his money and flew. Lol. Definitely not a good time to go down that memory lane.

'Isn't that extremely sexist? Why does it have to be the boy fooling the girl? Who says the girl can't fool the boy too?'

I asked him and he briefly spared a glance my way.

'We are not doing this feminist sexist argument today. That's just how it works and just so you know, you are not allowed to look at a guy till you're eighteen.'

Fatima burst into laughter just as my subconscious whispered to me

Eeh. Your brother doesn't even know what you've been up to. You that you already have a Guinness record for being one of the longest kissers in the world.

'But that's funny Saheed. Were you not the person that told me that you had your first girlfriend at 15?'

Aunty Fatima interjected before I could even say anything. Thank God oo.

'I'm a boy. Our hormones are different.'

Different ko, similar ni.

'But that's very sexist oo. I mean so a boy can have girlfriend but wait oo, you started dating someone at fifteen, how old was your girlfriend then, 19?

I asked and Fatima and his fiancee burst into laughter.

'So what you're saying now is that you have a boyfriend?'

I shrugged and he scowled.

'Jadeshola, sha don't allow me to catch any with you.'

I shrugged again.

'It's boys that you'll kuku catch with me.'

I stood up.

'I'm going to school oo. I can't wait to see my boyy....'