~Forty Six~

Thank you for the 50k reads on BTGOL. I can't put how I feel now into words. You guys are more than amazing.

Please check out sawvvy young adult novel, Deeper. You'll love it.

~Uthman~

When Hana finally told me that we could visit Jade, I released a breath I did not know I had been holding since the last time I saw her.

She was unconscious and her brother had carried her.

I was nervous climbing the stairs to where her room was. I could literally hear my heart beat faster and faster.

'You guys should wait here. Let me check if she is awake'

Hana said and entered her room. I heard voices in the room but couldn't make out what they were saying. Then, the door opened again and Hana gestured for us to enter.

My heart picked up race again.

Calm down buddy. Just calm down.

The guys entered and I followed them.

She was sitting up on her bed, her knees drawn to her chest. She looked up briefly when we entered and smiled tightly at us.

At Akin and Dan because she wasn't looking at me.

And I could tell from that smile that it wasn't genuine, it was forced.

More like I don't want this people to see how broken I am at the moment. Let me just put on this facade.

'You guys should sit down na'

Hana said and we all sat down, simultaneously. I sat on her study desk and the guys sat on the sofa.

'How're you?'

Akin asked and she looked up again.

She was looking everywhere but at me.

'I guess I'm fine. I've gotten much better compared to when it happened.'

When it nearly happened.

We fell into an uncomfortable silence and I cleared my throat to ease the virtual lump that had formed there.

'Your phone has been off since. Why did you turn it off?'

Akin asked again. She looked around the room briefly and her eyes met mine. She looked away immediately.

'I needed the break and the silence.'

I heard Hana scowl.

'What break and silence? You're just punishing yourself. Maybe now that Uthman is here. He'd finally talk some sense into you.'

She looked up again at the mention of my name. Our eyes met for the briefest seconds before she looked away again.

'We should probably leave the both of them to talk.'

That was Akin and before I knew it, they all filed out. Hana whispered something into Jade's ears before she left.

Then it was the both of us.

I cleared my throat, willing myself to talk, to say something but I did not know what to say. I was supposed to be strong for her but look at me.

Way to go, Uthman.