~Twenty Five~

Dedicated to readers who read, vote,s and drop comments, you guys are the real G 💓💓♥️❤️💖💕✨💞😍🙌🙌           

                                 ~Jade~

School resumes today. I saw Uthman immediately I got down from the car. Without thinking much of it, I called out his name and waved. He turned back and he smiled in his cocky way and started walking towards me. We were halfway to each other when someone else called his name. I did not need to turn to look at the person to know that it was Michelle but Uthman did and he walked to where she stood with the rest of her friends. Do I need to pretend that this did not bother me and just walk away? Yeah. I did just that.

'Hey love, you're looking so hot today.'

I rolled my eyes at Akin who was leaning against the wall in the corridor of our class.

'I always look hot'

I replied and watched his mouth drop open. I laughed.

'what's so ludicrous? Can't I praise myself?'

'Did I say anything?'

'You said a lot with your eyes.'

He shrugged 'well...'

'What are you doing here anyways?'

He turned to look at the park and the school's compound filled with happy students hugging each other.

'looking at this beautiful sight. It's lovely. There won't be the next term for us, you know that?'

'Of course. I can't wait to graduate.'

He laughed.

'I hope graduating is worth it sha. I miss secondary school already.'

I rolled my eyes.

'What's so special about secondary school anyways? Just endless and pointless drama.'

'oh oh, let's see if you'll be able to say that next year.'

I heaved a sigh. He is probably right but then, I'm sure university life will be worth much more. I was about to say something else when we heard the shuffle of legs on the stairs. It was Uthman and Michelle. I noticed that his face looked different and I attributed that to his new hairstyle.

Good of you Jade, you're noticing his hairstyle now.

Shut up, your inner self.

I laughed at my stupidity before I could stop myself. Uthman and Akin turned to look at me. I noticed Michelle had disappeared.

'What's funny?'

'Nothing' I replied and started walking towards our classroom. I opened the door to our class, I immediately noticed that something was different about our class, it looked more colorful. It did not take me so long to know the cause of the change because all of my classmates were clustered at the back of the class, looking at something on the wall, a picture, maybe.

'what's that?'

Uthman asked behind me, his voice is dangerously close to my ears. I did not know he was behind me. I glanced back. Akin already strolled to the back of the class. I was curious to know what my classmates were giggling about so I went to the back of the class too. The clustered students made way for me and then I stood, fade to face with the picture of my whole set, well, it was meant to be the picture of us all except that it was just I and Uthman that I could see. It was the picture we took on our cultural day, the one where he teased me about being pretty because of my makeup and Ankara, the one where I glared at him, except that in this picture, it doesn't look like I was glaring at him, it looked more like I was... Gawkinly glaring at him?