~Twenty One~

The girl above is the character is the one I fantasize about Jade. I'll introduce other characters in the subsequent chapters.

Dedicated to ummulkulsum18 love you

~Jade's POV~

It's been two weeks since we vacated, two weeks of trying to convince that what Zee said is wrong. Two weeks filled with the thoughts of someone I'll rather not think about. I was sitting in front of the wall mirror in my room, trying on different earrings when Zee entered the room. She did a double-take when she saw me. She flopped down on my bed so she could stare at my reflection in the mirror.

'You look good, I didn't know you know how to do makeup like this.'

'I picked up a thing or two from you.' I smiled

'By the way, Are you not going to Hana's house?'

I nodded, it was on the 26th of December and that's the day Hana and her family celebrate Christmas.

'You are taking extra measures to look this good and you're going to Hana's place?' She asked, then she added, as an afterthought 'Is your crush there by any chance?'

I rolled my eyes and turned back so I could stare at her.

'For the last time Zee, stop calling him my crush. He's the last person I'll ever crush on. When will you relent on this crush thing?'

She shrugged

'Will you wait for like an hour? I'm going out by 3 and this is just 1:30'

'And why do I have to wait for you?'

'I'm going towards Hana's house and we can go together in the same car. I'll drive.'

I burst into laughter.

'And you think I'll allow you to drive me, I'm not ready to die.'

'Oh. Do you know I've been driving before they even gave birth to you?' Zee said and I rolled my eyes.

'I don't care. I'm not going with you.'

'Well, you don't have an option. Our driver drove dad out, you have to follow me or else, you want to use public transport.'

I rolled my eyes and faced the mirror to continue my quest for a suitable earing.

'So you're wearing that off-shoulder top to her place? Hmm hmm. I did not even try to seduce my crush like this when I was in Secondary school.'

I glared at her in the mirror and she laughed. She left my room minutes later to go get dressed in her room. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, laughing at the beautiful girl that is staring back. To keep me busy, I went to scroll through Instagram. The first person it brought on my 'People to follow' was Uthman. I scrolled past his name and went on to see other people's posts. One minute, I was viewing Timini's page, my favorite Nigerian actor and the next minute I was on Uthman's page without meaning to. He has just five pictures on Instagram. The first one was from our interhouse sport last year, one he took with his younger sister, then one with Daniel on our cultural day in the agbada. I laughed at the picture. Then one on the field, a ball lying at his feet. He was smiling wildly in the picture and I thought to myself, subconsciously, that he was undoubtedly handsome. I looked at his face again and felt something skip in my heart. I remembered distinctly that he said football is his only true passion. And yet he wants to become a medical doctor.

'Uthman, you're setting yourself on a very lonely path'

I whispered to myself and then, chastised myself immediately.