~Forty Nine~

Last Days At Lakeview High

Happy Eid Mubarak to all Muslims out there. May Allah accept our fasting as an act of Ibadah and may he forgive us of all our sins.

A very big thank you to LazypenNaija for the cover above.

                            ~Uthman~

I swallowed at our close proximity. I shouldn't have hugged her.

So, you should have just stood there and watched her nearly have a panic attack?

I patted her back, smelling her shampoo, her long hair tickled my ears as I started to move back.

Jade grabbed my shirt, stopping me from moving away.

I stopped.

I looked down at where she grabbed my shirt before looking up at her again. Her eyes were still glassy. Glassy from crying.

Now, it looks like the sexy kinda glassy.

O beere? What are you thinking about?

'Jadeshola, we should......'

She pulled me closer and I swallowed, shaking my head. She darted her tongue across her lips.

Oh Shit!

'We should leave, the rest must be wondering where we are.'

She ignored my words and pulled me even closer, our lips inches apart.

We could just.....

The door opened.

WTF?

We were too shocked as the person entered.

I thought I locked the door.

Was it broken?

I looked at Jade and her eyes mirrored my expression.

The woman that entered opened her mouth and closed it again, taking us in.

Maybe she was used to seeing students making out or almost making out but definitely not Jade and I.

Jade's hand was still fisted around my shirt and she quickly dropped it and she jumped down from my table.

'Was I interrupting something? I could always come back.'

I exchanged a nervous glance with Jade who chuckled nervously.

'No, Mrs Nwokeji. We were just leaving.'

(In case you've forgotten, Mrs Nwokeji is their class teacher)

Jade said and grabbed my hands pulling me after her. We were almost by the door when Mrs Nwokeji said

'And where do you think you're going?'

We both stopped and turned back to her, albeit nervously.

*********
Almost an hour later, we walked out of the conference room and out of the administrative block. Mrs Nwokeji was just so surprised to see us together. She just teased us.

'So what were you guys doing so close to each other?'

She had asked immediately she had us sit down.

Jade looked down at her shoes while I just smiled.

'Were you guys arguing again?'

She asked again teasingly. I smiled and was about to answer her when Jade spoke up.