~Fifty Five~

Dedicated to _Victoria_yemi ❤️

                                     ~Jade~

I was walking with my back, all the while waving at Isreal when I bumped into someone. The drink the person was holding feel on the ground and it spilled on our bodies. I instinctively bent down to pick the cup and the keys that fell with it.

'I'm sorry. I wasn't looking at where I was going.'

I stood up and handed the key to him. His hands brushed against mine and it lingered there for a moment. I met his eyes, about to tell him off and I froze.

He winked at me, smiled and gave me a mock salute before walking off.

I had an instant flashback and I instinctively moved back.

I did not know how long I stood there. I was too immobile to do anything. It was only when two girls bumped into me that I regained my composure and started to walk back.

I was angry at myself. I was angry at how I felt.

I was angry at how I can't continue my mind and how that loser still affect me like that.

I did not know when I got to where my friends were. I did not know when I yanked my bag away from Hana and started to walk away. Uthman was calling my name but I ignored him. I picked my phone from the bag and called the driver. It was then that he soon caught with me anyway. He grabbed my hand. I tilted my head back to stop the tears.

He paused when he saw my face.

'Wait, what happened? Is it that foolish Isreal?'

Then he started to walk back before I could say anything. That brought a smile to my face. Was he going to go and beat Isreal up?

I turned and grabbed his hands.

'It's not Isreal Joor.'

He stopped and looked at me, searching my face.

'Then, what's it?'

I heaved a sigh and looked around. We were standing not far from an ice cream cafe and there was a shady tree beside.

'Let's go and see down first. I don't fancy standing.'

I did not wait for him to reply and I started walking to the tree. He hesitated for a minute before he followed me. I got to the tree and sat on the big log of wood that he was. He stood in front of me, still staring at me as if I was an alien.

'What exactly is going on?'

I shook my head and he sat down beside me. I did not say anything for a while. I only stared at my foot. Uthman was looking at me all the while but he kept quiet anyways.
After a while, he stood up and walked to the ice cream cafe . He returned minutes later with two cones. One stray berry flavour and vanilla flavor. He stretched the vanilla flavour to me. I shook my head and reached for the stray berry instead.

He sat beside me and still said nothing. I opened my own cup and started eating my ice cream. When I was done, I turned to look at Uthman, he had barely eaten his. I looked at his face before I reached for his ice cream. He allowed me have it. When I was almost halfway done with it, I noticed him staring at me quizzically.

'Don't tell me all that was because you wanted ice cream?'

His voice was low and I burst into laughter.

What?

'Of course not. Why would you even think that?'

'Well, you are eating it like it's your life line.'