~Fifty Four~

Last Days at Lakeview High            

  ~Uthman~

We finished our exams today. Like we were really done with exams. No more secondary school's exams.

We trudged out of the hall together because the external invigilator had insisted that we should all submit our scripts together.

I shielded my eyes from the sun with my hand immediately I stepped out of the hall. It was closing time for the school and we could hear the loud chatters of students as we walked from the hall to the main building.

'Now, I'm really done with secondary school. It's almost unbelievable.'

One of my mates whom I couldn't place his voice said and almost immediately Caleb and his gang jumped up and shouted, throwing the hands up. They even went ahead to take their shirts oo.

'Ohh, my eyes. Why are these people taking off their shirts? It's not even like they have a sexy body like that.'

Hana said beside me and Akin was quick to answer her.

'Of course, they won't allow people like us that have a flauntable to flaunt it in peace.'

'Abi in pieces. Please where is the sexy body?'

Jade asked him, rolling her eyes in an overly exaggerated manner.

Akin who was walking with Ayisha in front of us stopped and turned back.

'Really? Jade, are you sure? You might not be able to keep your eyes and hands off my chest if if should unveil it.'

I burst into laughter.

Nigga said Unveil. Idiot.

Jade covered her eyes.

'Now, I'm afraid. Please don't unveil it oo. I might just go blind.'

'He actually has a nice built oo. But then, you people can't know.'

Ayisha replied with a sly smile and grabbed Akin's elbow, making him to turn back as they continued to walk.

See these ones oo.

Some of our juniors that were in school came over to hug and congratulate us immediately we got to the main building. They even signed on our shirts.

'Wow. I can't wait to be in your shoes too. I can't wait to finally drop the pen.'

One girl that I presumed to be in JSS1 said and I smiled to myself.

You that just started.

'Hey Senior Uthman, can we sign on your shirt?'

I turned to see Wura and her friends standing beside me. Wura was holding a Marker. Jade has her hands on my arms that I had crossed over my chest and Wura was silently shooting daggers at her.

Wow. This might be fun. Let me rile Jade up a little.

I flashed a charming smile at the girls and I unfolded my arms from my chest, causing Jade hand to fall off. But I quickly grabbed it, intertwining it with mine.

'Of course. You guys are free to sign. Afterall, we might not see each other again.'

Wura moved closer, marker poised to sign on my chest.

'Actually, we're not signing on our shirts.'

Jade said and dragged me away, making the girls to hiss loudly.