~Thirty Two~

Dedicated to all ghost readers.

~Jade~

What the fuck did I just do?

I know what I just did though. I just saved Uthman's number from the group chat, he's one of the three admins of our groupchat, Bunmi, myself and Uthman. What was I even thinking when I typed the message

Hello oo
Good evening.
This is Jade
I'm sorry for what I said the other time, trust me, I did not mean to hurt your feelings.

I stared horridly at the message and was about to delete it when it showed two blue ticks. Damn. He had read it. He has read it. I practically jumped from my bed. What will I do now? Oh God! Why did I even apologize in the first place? Because I felt bad. Actually, I've been feeling somehow since that day. And I'd realized with him not talking to me and all that I've gotten used to us talking and him ignoring me was kinda breaking my heart. He surprised me by actually talking to me when we were coming back from Lagos.

20 minutes passed and he still did not reply. It was almost 12pm and I have tutorial to attend tomorrow. I turned my data off and went to sleep. Maybe I did overstep my boundaries by even apologizing.

I woke up to loud noises the next morning. I got up and went downstairs to see a teary Zee kneeling down in front of mom and dad.

'Good morning Sir and Ma'

I greeted but none of them answered me.

'What's happening?'

I asked again, Zee was still crying silently.

'Apparently, Zainab has been meeting that woman'

Mom finally replied me. The words did not sink in at first. What woman? Then it dawned on me, that woman! She must have been meeting her so called biological mother. Wow.

'If you want to go and live with her, then go. Go and don't expect anything from this house again.'

Dad shouted, stood up and left the sitting room. Mom said nothing for a while before she also left.

'Zee...'

I said, attempting to move closer to her but she stood up and left the sitting room without a backward glance.

Not this again, God!

My mood that was already getting ruined intensified as I dressed for school. I did not even feel up to going to school again but then, I have to or else I'm ready to fail.

ECOWAS Oratory contest is in 10 days time. Why am I even thinking about that? I already lost the chance to win when I lost to the boy that I can't even stop thinking about now. Imagine!

I got to school a lot earlier than usual because the mood at home was too suffocating. Only a few students were in school when I got there. I dropped my bag in the classroom and went to stand by the handdrain, with earpieces in my ears listening to songs. I stood there for God knows how long until I felt someone remove one ear piece from my ears. I turned to see Uthman standing close beside me. I straightened and moved away a little. He already put the earpiece in his ears.

'Wait, I thought you said you don't listen to Naira Marley's songs, so what's this?'

Was that Naira Marley's song? I did not even realize that. I was so lost in thoughts that I did not know what song was playing.
I shrugged.

'I did not even know that it was his song.'

He turned to lean on the land drain so he was facing me.