Call Her Mine

Thalia's POV

There was something so special about her. I was a better person when I was with her; I was happier when was with her. For a long time, everything had fallen to pieces then she just walked into my life and threw a blanket of stardust over the ruins I'd spent so much time dwelling in. I'd never really believed in love. I'd never really believed in anything. As I watched her face light up with every strum of the guitar, I wished I could be happy. She was so beautiful and innocent, sitting there with the most adorable grin on her face. She deserved someone who wasn't broken. She deserved someone who wouldn't drag her down. I had to let her go.

I was so scared of what I might do. I was scared of things I couldn't control. I was scared that I'd hurt her- that I'd become my dad. She looked up at me with that stupidly cute worried look; her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth dipping on one side.

"You okay?" She asked and I lowered my gaze to her lips. It hurt that she'd never feel the same as I do. I'd known I liked girls for a while, however, I'd never told anyone- there had been no one to tell. When I found out, I was a scared fourteen-year-old with no one to confide in. I'd never been good at opening up. Mostly because if you looked beneath my soul you would find a wall of insecurities blocking your view. That was the reason I could never bring myself to tell anyone. I was scared of rejection. I was always scared of rejection. I couldn't even tell my best friend whom I had a crush on from Freshman to Sophmore year.

Melody made me feel different to how she did. She made me feel special. I looked into her eyes,

"Thank you." I'd said it so many times but I wanted her to know I meant it. She smiled. "Everything you've done for me, you've made me feel human again." I didn't know why I was saying these things, they just spilt from my lips.

"You were always human," an unexpected answer slipped from hers and my heart felt like it was floating on clouds. Every part of me was itching to touch her. Even just to put her hands in mine. But I didn't. Because she deserved someone better than me. She deserved someone who deserved her. So instead of following my bodies every desire, I just looked down at my feet and nodded slightly.

The lesson was over before it even started and my brain was crammed with thoughts of her.

***

As the bell rang for lunch, I swiftly left my chair and squeezed through the crowd of people barricading the door. I was still thinking about her. Her face swam around in my head like a virus and my blood cells weren't strong enough to beat it. That was when I imagined her fingers clamping around my wrist until I looked up and realised- it was not my imagination at all. There she stood, the light shining through her silky brown hair and her eyes reflecting images of wonder and happiness. I let myself sink in the pool light she radiated before she pulled me over to the side.

"Wanna get out of here for lunch?" she asked, grinning.

"We can't," I said, tugging my wrist free. She frowned at the gesture and brought her gaze up to mine. I couldn't say no. Her eyes were like a key reaching into the lock inside my heart. I couldn't say no.

"Fine... What were you thinking?"

"Surprise..." Her eyes lit up and she took me by the hand. I felt my stomach drop in anticipation. This girl will be the end of me.

***

"Okay... couple more seconds," Melody giggled beside me. Both her hands were over my eyes and her shoulders pressed against my own. She led me forward in complete darkness before slowly removing her hands. I gasped at the beauty in front of me. It was a clearing by a riverbank with a perfect view of the crystal clear water and a beautiful brick bridge. I looked back at the stunning girl smiling behind me.

"It's... so... beautiful..." I murmured, speechless. She reached inside her school bag pulling out two homemade sandwiches, a tub of strawberries and a jar of Nutella. I laughed as she brought it over and sat near the bank. I sat next to her and she passed me a sandwich,

"I thought I'd repay you for breakfast. I'll have you know, I'm nicknamed the Sandwich Queen in my house," She said opening her own sandwich.

"Oh really?" I laughed. Cheese and cucumber- my favourite. I looked up at her, mouth agape,

"How-?" I began but she just grinned at my confused face and held a finger to her lips,

"Not telling, you're so cute when you're confused," She exclaimed, then stopped with the realisation of what she had just said. I just smiled at her trying to brush the insecurity off her shoulders and hooked my hand between hers. I felt her muscles relax under my touch. We ate in silence with nothing but each others presence and the sound of the flowing water flooding our senses.

"Thalia?" Melody turned to me, "Can I tell you something crazy?" I latched my gaze onto hers and nodded slowly,

"I... just broke up with Kye yet, I feel happier than I ever was with him just sitting here next to you. And, I... I really like you..." Her confession drifted in the air between us. My mind was whirring; what did she mean? Did she like me like that or does she mean platonically? She bit her lip slowly and before I was even thinking clearly, leant in. I shouldn't have let it happen. I shouldn't have let our lips be even an inch too close. But I did. And it felt so right.

Mel's POV

I kissed her. I leaned in and kissed her. I kissed her and it was the most incredible feeling I'd ever experienced. As our lips touched, fireworks exploded in my stomach. Her mouth was so soft and she'd tasted like strawberries and honey. It felt as if I were floating, like nothing else existed but her- but us. Every part of my body ached for more, especially when she started to kiss me back. She'd kissed me back. I placed my hand gently on her neck, pulling her closer, savouring every second that her lips were on mine.

No matter what she says, it wasn't a mistake. And even as she jumped back from my grasp, it wasn't a mistake. Even as she speaks the words I dreaded hearing- it was not a mistake,

"Mel... we can't. You can't," She panted, still catching her breath.

"Why not? Don't you feel something between us?" I said, my words are frantic and clumsy.

"Mel... I don't deserve you. I'll never deserve you. I'm sorry..." And with that, she did the exact thing I dreaded. She left. I called after her but it's no use. I just sat on the bank, head tucked into my legs, tears dripping down into my lap.

The one thing she didn't know was that she deserved me the second I'd first looked into her eyes. That she deserved the world and beyond but wouldn't let anyone tell her so. That she was worth every tear and every heartbreak- just so I could've called her mine.

A/N

Hey Guys! I haven't updated in a while because of Christmas and stuff but I'm back now and newly inspired by the terrifying amount of fanfics I've managed to read over the holidays (Mostly Clexa😅) 

Anyway... It finally happened! Although... not in the best way. I hoped you liked the chapter from Thalia's point of view, it was fun to add a different viewpoint to the story since Mel is a very innocent and probably the least experienced character. I hoped you enjoyed! Please vote- it means a lot and I hope you guys have an amazing holiday!